Second Brain Surgery

Decline

Looking over what I wrote earlier, I think I didn't do a very good job of saying what I was trying to say.

Decline has requested any positive energy that might be sent his way. I'm pretty sure he wouldn't do such a thing without being very worried about his surgery.

Fawzo, if the birds raised your spirits, that alone is a very good thing. I know Decline well enough to think that he would not want anyone getting bummed out about his situation. The more positive your positive energy is, the better it is.

What I'm asking is that you not decide that seeing a flock of birds means that everything is okay, and stop sending your positive energy now.

I'll make some phone calls tomorrow and see if I can find anything out.

I pretty much grasped what you were trying to say. I didn't stop sending loving healing thoughts because I thought he was ok, if anything they seem more connected and vibrant now. I'll wait until he posts here himself that all is fine and then I'll switch the focus of my attention onto something else.

I understand how some of the things I post seem rather mundane or coincidental, one just has to be there sometimes to experience the wonder of the moment and even being there sometimes in a group only half the people will experience something the others never even noticed.

This happened a lot when I was in Bible study during my Pentecostal days, where sometimes half the group experienced wonderful events and the rest nothing. Sometimes I was one who did and other times I was one of the ones who saw or felt nothing out of the ordinary.

The most vivid example of this is during a Bible Group in these kind folks home about a dozen of us gathered in mid July here in Baltimore when the temp was 90+ and the humidity hung in the air like chunks. Very uncomfortable and their AC was on the fritz so all the windows and doors were open and fans were blowing around warm air from the kitchen.

During the middle of the prayer and worship section the coolest sweetest breeze started blowing in from all directions and song birds were singling so sweetly it was other worldly. I have never heard birds sing so wonderfully before. It made one feel as if God was right in the middle of our presence. After the worship section we stopped and someone asked did you all feel that and during the discussion that followed half the people experienced the breeze and bird melody and the other half heard nothing and sat sweating with only the warm air from the fans to cool them.

Out of a dozen people in the same room 6 had what seemed like the same experience and 6 had no such experience. I have had and been in situations where the sheckinah (sp.) glory of God was felt and actually seen in rooms as well by only about half the group.

I guess the question boils down to are some of my experiences special and other worldly because I seek them out or am more in tune with such vibrations or am I projecting such specialness onto ordinary events and its all my mind. I don't know if the answer either way matters because they are so beautiful and bring me so much peace and love I don't want them to stop either way.

Brightest Blessings!!!

I talked to a friend who talked to Decline two days after his surgery. So, he made it through the surgery, but I'm not sure how successful it might have been.

Pass back the news that we continue in a spirit of prayer and support...

“Smile, breathe and go slowly.” --Thich Nhat Hanh

I am doing very much better and I really, really appreciate all of the concern and hope that you all expressed. I came home from the hospital on the morning of Dec. 25th. I went back on the evening of the 27th though because I couldn't think straight at all. I couldn't remember anything and my vocabulary was completely mixed up. I believe it was because of the swelling of my brain but I'm not really sure (and neither were the doctors which is kind of scary).

I am not having anywhere near as much pain and the little bit of pain that I am experiencing is of a completely different nature. So I feel that the surgery was a success. I am just a little bit frustrated about the memory issues and the problems communicating.

Anyway, thank you all again so much and I wish you all a very Happy New Year!

Love,

Decline

I am doing very much better and I really, really appreciate all of the concern and hope that you all expressed. I came home from the hospital on the morning of Dec. 25th. I went back on the evening of the 27th though because I couldn't think straight at all. I couldn't remember anything and my vocabulary was completely mixed up. I believe it was because of the swelling of my brain but I'm not really sure (and neither were the doctors which is kind of scary).

I am not having anywhere near as much pain and the little bit of pain that I am experiencing is of a completely different nature. So I feel that the surgery was a success. I am just a little bit frustrated about the memory issues and the problems communicating.

Love,

Decline

So good to hear you are home! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

When the body is stressed to a severe degree, "memory" storage is not considered a "vital" function, so what is happening to you in this regard is actually more common than your docs have indicated. The most important thing to do for a recovering brain is REST, so sleep whenever you get the urge--wake up refreshed and not ashamed! Each part of the body has its own requirements for optimal function and healing...you can't play tennis with a broken arm, and you can't think-process-remember with an ailing brain.

Stay away from all non-nutritive "foods".

And, LAUGH at the looks on people's faces when you ask for "A glass of soap" when you were clearly thinking "juice" (not that I know anything about that)!!

If you think in words, you might try writing important things down first (your comments above are well-organized and grammatically sensible). Writing and talking live in different places in the brain.

If you're having trouble with connections between things, try playing a game of similarity or 6-degrees-of-separation with people to get them to guess with you half-way. Ex: I remember people by a "photo" of them in my brain with a caption about them underneath (name, occupation, etc.)...sometimes I lose the captions and can SEE who I want to reference, but can't "read" their name..."Tom Cruise" starts out as "Top Gun" + "Far and Away" + "Fired from Universal" + ...this game has ended up being good for my husband's memory as well! LOL

It is very annoying for you to have these problems and may be scary for people with you to watch, so a Game can make this all just Something Different.

Healing is possible in a real non-miraculous way: Dr. Jill Bolte Taylor's Story

If you had undergone hip surgery, you would be facing the frustration of not being able to walk for many weeks or months...give yourself the patience you would give to someone else in this situation (so easy to forget that!).

And, of course, when you have no thoughts at all, you can trust that the Spirit exists in our Universe for times when words will not serve:

25 But if we hope for what we do not see, with perseverance we wait eagerly for it.

26 In the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words; 27 and He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He intercedes for the saints according to the will of God. --Romans 8:25-27 (NASB, 1995)

Know that we send a Daily "Roooooo" skyward for you!

Love,

Decline

A healthy Happy New Year to you as well my friend.

I am so happy to see you posting once again.

Love,

Decline

I hope they can help, and that you are feeling better soon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Amulet locked this topic