Because I Can...

Rev. Magus Adam

In a few of my post here I allude to an idea: Not waiting around for some God thingy to show up; send me a sign, so I know I have the "okie-dokie," to proceed in worth while things.

It is firmly my belief, if there were some innocuous old bearded fellow, who takes great delight in molding my destiny, or just being the wise sheriff of the universe...This being would make His?/Her?/It's? interest in my life a little more clear.

I know the response to this line may be some sanctimonious thing like: "It's God's will that your heart remain harden until you truly understand his grace."

These reactions are based on a dogmatic stance about scriptures, which seems to some how empower a person to know the will of God.

So I say to you, relax and let that God thingy be God -whatever it's doing?

In fact when we say, "God is..." We put limits on the idea of this Omnipotent being; which may have just simply set this self supporting grand mechanism we call the universe to go, and left us to our own devises.

If this is so: "set this self supporting grand mechanism we call the universe to go, and left us to our own devises."

Then I intend to have as many experiences as I can with this universe.

Wait a minute!? This smacks of Taoism! Are you taking the long way around to say you're a Taoist?

No mature Taoist would ever carry or advertise such a thing. It would bring them no closer to knowing the true nature of the Tao.

While I am here in this universe, I plan on governing myself...less guilt that way.

Regardless of what we presume to see or react to, nobody dies and we are all connected.

The concepts of "Heaven and Hell" are always at hand, and equally remain a distraction from the true nature of reality.

People always need help with something, so rather than spreading ourselves thin do what you can for those who will pay it forward.

Bring color to your life, find somebody to love.

The enemy never wins, they only found an opportunity to extend their complaint.

Here's one from my grandpa: You're only as intelligent as you want to be.

Edited by Rev. Magus Adam

Interesting post, and quite humorous, actually. Makes me wonder why you were moved to write it. :smart:

So, I'm compelled to write a response:

I agree.

There is no "God-thingy" who will show up, saying "okydoaky!" So governing yourself is the exact plan set in motion when you were born. Glad you got the message.

Now, the reason you can do all these things is:

You're God.

Yep that's right - you're God. We're all God (or whatever you want to call him/her/it). We just don't know it. And so we wreak havoc on the world and each other, trying to find SOMEBODY in charge and SOMEBODY to blame when we screw everything up. Or we use the 10,000-year old excuse: It's God's will or the Devil made me do it. Well, sportsfans, guess who's all the above?

You see, there are 4 levels of spiritual consciousness:

1. Me. This is where God exists outside of myself. That I must look to some higher power/wisdom to find Grace.

2. Us. This is where "me" realizes that God is beside me, helping, guiding and answering prayers, leading me to Grace.

3. We. This is where "me" realizes that God is in my heart, within me, and that the Light of Spirit actually resides and creates within me the love that is the Grace I have been so desperately seeking.

4. I (or One). Now this is where "me" realizes that God is not only within me, but that I am one with God, connected to God and every THING. By working as the One, the all connected, goodness and mercy can be spread throughout the world, and Grace becomes a living entity.

Interesting post, and quite humorous, actually. Makes me wonder why you were moved to write it. :smart:

So, I'm compelled to write a response:

I agree.

There is no "God-thingy" who will show up, saying "okydoaky!" So governing yourself is the exact plan set in motion when you were born. Glad you got the message.

Now, the reason you can do all these things is:

You're God.

Yep that's right - you're God. We're all God (or whatever you want to call him/her/it). We just don't know it. And so we wreak havoc on the world and each other, trying to find SOMEBODY in charge and SOMEBODY to blame when we screw everything up. Or we use the 10,000-year old excuse: It's God's will or the Devil made me do it. Well, sportsfans, guess who's all the above?

You see, there are 4 levels of spiritual consciousness:

1. Me. This is where God exists outside of myself. That I must look to some higher power/wisdom to find Grace.

2. Us. This is where "me" realizes that God is beside me, helping, guiding and answering prayers, leading me to Grace.

3. We. This is where "me" realizes that God is in my heart, within me, and that the Light of Spirit actually resides and creates within me the love that is the Grace I have been so desperately seeking.

4. I (or One). Now this is where "me" realizes that God is not only within me, but that I am one with God, connected to God and every THING. By working as the One, the all connected, goodness and mercy can be spread throughout the world, and Grace becomes a living entity.

:thumbu: 'We are a way for the Cosmos to know itself'. - That Sagan Dude.

• Amulet locked this topic