Prayers For A Family

RevElkins

Prayers please for a friend/co-worker of mine - her mother, 88 years old, passed on tonight. We knew the end was coming; kidney disease; kidneys had shut down; she was mostly non-verbal the last several days. But she passed on the way she wanted to - in her home; surrounded by her family; quietly and peacefully.

I have watched my friend and co-worker care for her mother at the peril of her own health. She is tired; physically and emotionally. She spent the past 6 months sleeping on an air mattress next to her mother's bed; never leaving her side unless she went to work; and then she had skilled nursing staff come in to care for her. She bathed her; she changed her sheets; she did everything for her. In the end, she was content and at peace knowing that she took the best care of her mother, whom she idolized as the woman who brought her into the world; and raised her.

I would ask you to please keep Nadine, Michael, Troy, Todd, Meredith, Cheryl, Al, Paul and Roberta and Alma's several great grandchildren in your thoughts and prayers tonight as Alma joins her beloved Chet forever.

Thank you.

Prayers please for a friend/co-worker of mine - her mother, 88 years old, passed on tonight. We knew the end was coming; kidney disease; kidneys had shut down; she was mostly non-verbal the last several days. But she passed on the way she wanted to - in her home; surrounded by her family; quietly and peacefully.

I have watched my friend and co-worker care for her mother at the peril of her own health. She is tired; physically and emotionally. She spent the past 6 months sleeping on an air mattress next to her mother's bed; never leaving her side unless she went to work; and then she had skilled nursing staff come in to care for her. She bathed her; she changed her sheets; she did everything for her. In the end, she was content and at peace knowing that she took the best care of her mother, whom she idolized as the woman who brought her into the world; and raised her.

I would ask you to please keep Nadine, Michael, Troy, Todd, Meredith, Cheryl, Al, Paul and Roberta and Alma's several great grandchildren in your thoughts and prayers tonight as Alma joins her beloved Chet forever.

Thank you.

Your friend has done well to care for her moher though her illness. So often I see the sick and elderly placed in nursing homes and forgotten. My prayers go out to her and her family. May the Lord bless and keep them.

Thank you.

I'll keep them in my nightly prayers that God watch over all of them in their time of need

• 3 weeks later...
  • Amulet locked this topic