Open Question About Charity

mererdog

At work they have a bottle to put in the tabs off the top of soda cans, not sure of the charity though, I'll have to ask.

Technically that counts - after so many tabs are collected (50 lbs.???), the local organization (or whoever) donates a wheelchair to a charitable organization. At least that's my understanding.

• 1 month later...

In our area, there is a "polar bear plunge" into the Ohio River at the end of February, with people and companies raising money for Special Olympics. I've led a team three of the last four times I've jumped - once or twice coming close to the top three fundraising teams.

The minimum to jump is $50, and I'm horrible at fundraising, so I typically pay the $50 for myself - I've turned in as much as $100 once.

That's the only big thing I do. Otherwise it's a few dollars here and there, and some items to Goodwill.

• 1 year later...

We give alms - which is money to help the poor. Charity is tolerance of others, biblically speaking.

But we are about out of alms for the most part. We have what we can share with the outer world and what we have to keep to take care of our membership.

We used to do almonry school and almonry clinic but we just could not afford them and people here do not put much money or effort into things like that.

They are good about giving away food, but a reason to be alive eating it seems to be in short supply! :lol:

• Amulet locked this topic