True Colors

VonNoble

Does the truth come in colors?

Von

If your refering to the great spirit or whatever you choose to call that which is undefinable by our limited humanity then I would say that color is a non-issue.

He-she-it will take whatever form thats easiest for you to relate to.

OK :thumbu:

But if the truth as you see it turns out to be wrong, because of the introduction of facts, it cannot remain the truth, right? Therefore the original truth must not have been the truth, but only opinion.

:coffee:

Who knows. It's just a fun exercise.... :beach:

Which also goes to show that there is NO ONE truth.

I like the answer of shades; nuance in life -

If you had to define a color - how would you??? We have all heard that "white is all colors" and "black is absence of color" -- so again, how would you define a color?

These things are all so relative to the perception of individuals -

Just my humble and mortal opinion.

I'm going to agree with this statement. Ultimately, "truth" is only as true as the depth of our knowledge. Sometimes, what we have always held as true is indeed revealed to not be. I personally believe that "truth" is therefore transparent.

I would say that truth is what we believe about something given what we know at the time about that subject.

Does the truth come in colors?

IMHO, truth comes in all colors, like people do, like plants do, like everything does. And each has their own truth. And the truth changes, as it should. For what was true in the past, is no longer true today. And that is sometimes a good thing.

And so, the colors will change - by hue, by tone, by value. And that is also sometimes a good thing.

Life adapts. We should, too.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I'll say no since IMO color is a perception and truth is an experience. Truth is love what color is love?

Chai latte brown.

That is also the flavor of Love.

Chai is love in liquid form.

That is a good point.

Let's have an exercise. In your example, saying you are a good person is a subjective opinion. If we were to first agree upon a scale, however, to measure and determine if you really are a good person, regardless of opinion, then we'd come to an objective truth..... and, no doubt, a truth that finds that you are, in fact, a good person!

no, it would be subjective. Subject to the agreed upon scale. We could agree, but it still would not be objective truth. The best we can hope to achieve is an approximation of truth. There is no way to collect enough data to get an exact truth.

Well said and I agree.

oh, yes, I agree with that as well.

• 3 years later...

I'll say no since IMO color is a perception and truth is an experience. Truth is love what color is love?

Yes--

Love is a golden white light that radiates from the heart and the eyes.

Truth is iridescent.

It is a different color for everyone and for every time you look for it.

Truth has no true color.

As an actual colour--it is iridescent for me--as you say or white, reflecting purity. Funny though--as my favourite colour has always been black, but then that has all the colours of the spectrum :derisive: within it

peace,

S

Edited by sarkany

• Amulet locked this topic