The Message Of Sithism To The World

Lord Occultis

People often feel that non-proselytizing religions like Sithism have nothing to say to the world as a whole. This misperception arrives from the belief that if were not actively seeking to convert others, like Ethical Monotheistic religions do, we don't have a message we would like to convey to the world. This is a mistruth.

To the world Sithism has this to say: We know that the world is injust, we know that what should be often isn't. But the truth it dosen;t matter if the world is injust, because you can;t change the world, you can only change yourself.

To those who are weak, oppressed and are marginalized we have this to say: weakness and strength come from within. Nobody can give you what you lack or take from you what you have. Each person on this planet has a Destiny, a reason to be here. You are not a mistake; The Force has helped you survive this long, despite your trials for a reasn. If you are weak, then we offer you this encouragement: all that you need to be strong, to overcome whatever barriers, oppression, injustices lie within. It is already there! You don't need a self-motivation class or some kind of speaker to give you what you lack! It is wihin you NOW! Lift your eyes up, shake off the chains and claim what is yours.

To those who are looking for a savior, whether political or otherwise we say this: You are your own savior! Nobody, whether Buddah, Jesus or Allah can give you the freedom you need. You are not in need of salvation, but you are in need of empowerment. Nobody is going to give you what you seek, whether it is happiness, money or anything else. Don't wait for someone to ride in on a white horse. It is there for you to take! Erase the lies you have been told, that you are unworthy and can not make the life you want.

To those who think money, fame or power is a susbstitute for self mastery we say this: You are living a lie. All the wealth, power and fame will be worth NOTHING if you are not your own master! Do you want to be free of your chains? Then let no man or woman be your master! Seek to become your own master and to rule your own emotions, thoughts and choices. This is the true path to power and empowerment. A man or woman who has no discipline over himself, no matter heir wealth, possessions or fame is stil poor. To those who counquer themselves, over them there can be no master.

To those who choose delusion over truth we say this: Only by accepting the world as it is can you prosper. It is nice to think that everyone loves you and that a benelovent god or gods watch over you, but this is not true. No one watches over you and The Force demands nothing of you. Take off your rose colored glassess and see the world as it is-a place filled with beauty, but pain, sorrow,struggle and yes joy. Your refusal to accept thingswhat it is a parasite that saps your resolve to LIVE NOW for THERE IS NO TOMMOROW. There will be no second time around, there will be no calvary riding in to save you! Live NOW-whatever you dream of, aspire to do it NOW. All of us will someday cease to be just as we came into being. Do not waste this precious gift of life on dreams that are unacheivable and fairy lands that do not exist!

The Sith have been and always will be. Just as night follows day, and the moon the sun, so to we will always compliment the Light. From the very begining of humankind there were Sith, and untill the end there will be Sith. While we do not seek to force our religion on others, nor do we seek to proselytize, we are here as we always have bene, waiting in the shadow for kindred souls whoes eyes have been opened and see the world with eyes unclouded by delusions, self-deciet. As always we wait, for those who stumble upon us. Our path is not for all, but for those who are reasy to become their own masters and are willing to accept the awesome power that lies within. To those who do not fear the Dark, who will go where others fear to tread, we extend a hand of fellowship.

• 3 weeks later...

I would have to agree with that Lord Occultis. I have yet to post my introduction, but I wanted to reply to your post first. One of the most widely known aspects of Sith Philosophy is the strategy of obtaining freedom and the tactics used to meet that goal. You communicated your message with far more clarity than I could. I personally focus on aspects regarding the Self, but improving upon the Self involves freedom.

I would have to agree with that Lord Occultis. I have yet to post my introduction, but I wanted to reply to your post first. One of the most widely known aspects of Sith Philosophy is the strategy of obtaining freedom and the tactics used to meet that goal. You communicated your message with far more clarity than I could. I personally focus on aspects regarding the Self, but improving upon the Self involves freedom.

Thank you, my brother. I see Sithism as a unified spiritual/political philosophy. I think that when one examines the Scriptures (Star Wars 1-6), it is difficult not to see how the Sith have ALWAYS been involved in politics.

My own personal take on it, is to view the heart of Sith political action and personal approach, is to overcome oppression not by begging or pleading, but becoming too strong TO be oppressed. We mustn't forget Lord Vader began his life as a slave, and that , IMHO, it was because of this early oppression that Anakin was ultimatlely led to become the Apprentice of Lord Sidious.

That, ultimately, is where I see that the Jedi fail. Why didn't they do something not just for Anakin, but the OTHER slaves on Tatoine? Despite what the Jedi often claim, the truth is shown by the fact they were only concerned to free Anakin because he might be the Chosen One (as indeed he was), and they had no concerns to liberate the other slaves their on Tatoine. Speaks volumes.

A very well put post. I must admit that I do agree with a lot of your points in this post as well. Granted, I haven't the faintest clue about Sithism, I will say that there are some statements made in the original post that I also firmly believe.

• Amulet locked this topic