Remembering

~ I read your post mm. I didn't reply because I couldn't. Sorry, the tears just squirt on my glasses & I can't see well, y'know?

Very few days go by when I don't remember. I don't need a specific date, it hurts & shocks all the time...

~ I read your post mm. I didn't reply because I couldn't. Sorry, the tears just squirt on my glasses & I can't see well, y'know?

Very few days go by when I don't remember. I don't need a specific date, it hurts & shocks all the time...

I do know, and I feel the same way you do.

I still can't/won't/don't need to watch the feeds.

It's as vivid as that day for me, too

But I know you're out there doing the good that

you can to offset the hate :thumbu:

peace, mm

RevFred

Trying to show respect on that day,

I didn't show anger in the post - but believe me,

it was there. Anger was something I felt and continue to feel,

and I'm working on it.

But only some of it, because some of it was well deserved and

well placed, as you pointed out.

peace, mm

• 3 weeks later...

Saw a qoute by a monk who said prehaps instead of reacting with anger and hatred we should ask ourselves "what did we do to make these people so angry with us". The reaction to this statement was as if they did not undrerstand how he could possibly even suggest that there may be some motive to such a horrific act.

In an article last wek in Newsweek magazine on the history of Iran they told of how Iran had a democratic government in the 1950's and Britan controled Irans oil and was basicaly taking it for practicly nothing. Well the president of Iran was appealling for control of their own natural resourses so he could bring his people out of poverty. Britan then appealled to the CIA asking them to get this man out of there. well the CIA managed to have this man Imprisoned for a time and then exiled replacing him with a dictator who was brutal. I wonder how much more influence from the west has affected this area of the world.

While I am certainly not condoning the actions on 9/11 I do know that anger and hatred cannot be overcome with more anger and hatred. Anger and hatred can only be overcome with love and understanding. Understanding the part we play in the lives of peoples we as individulals never seee or think about could be key to our own healing. Taking a look at ones self could well be the most difficult thing a human being ever does. taking responibilty for mistakes is humbling but is it fair to label a people as a whole country or continent of religious fanatics and hateful people without being willing to look at the part our own history has played in bringing about events that led up to such extraordinary acts of hatred?

Food for thought

I agree with you wholeheartedly, musicman

my anger was (is) not directed at specific "groups"

or "ideologies" but at the state of the planet

that this action would be a means to

an end

I understand the history of Iran in particular-

and feel I have a different take on the sensibilities

of the Middle East as I have a large and loving

family both here in this country and back in Iran

I in no way condone this goverments actions in that part

of the world and am well aware that they have done more

harm than good (just my humble opinion)

there must be a better way

peace, mm

I do not mean to minimize the suffering, the personal injury, or the loss that has resulted from the Twin Towers bombing.

But truly, we Americans seem to treat this tragedy as a life-altering event for the whole world. Well, the "rest of the world"

has been living with this kind of madness for decades now.

Finally it happens to us, and we are "suddenly aware" of terrorism. We "feel the pain" for ourselves, and suddenly we awaken to the reality that everyone else has been enduring for a very long time. We are not unique under the sun, and neither is our pain. Terrorism isn't going to go away "for us" until it goes away "for everyone, everywhere".

Welcome to the Global Village.

Edited by Hexalpa

• Amulet locked this topic