My Brother

My brother was thrown out of the back of a pickup truck the other day and landed on his head. The driver was drunk and scared, so he fled the scene.

My brother is in the hospital in ICU. He is comatose and may never fully recover. The doctors say there is so much swelling and damage to his skull that he can't be transported anywhere. Like to a specializing facility.

It has been said that if he recovers he may be a completely different person, he may have the brain power of a three-year-old...or he may not wake up at all.

I ask for prayers for him. For his Wife and Children. For the Whole family, and for me so I can get it together, I don't know what to think.

Both my brother and a friend were in the back of the pickup, the friend ended up with a few scratches and some bruising but all in all is fine. My brother was far less lucky. The doctors say that his skull was fractured beyond belief, from ear to ear, and his brain has been swelling. They can't do surgery because it would do more damage than good at this point and he's in a rural small town hospital where they wouldn't be able to do it anyway.

The driver of the pickup, one of my brothers best friends, was picked up nine hours later by the police and is being charged with DUI and vehicular assault.

I, and my family, greatly appreciate all your good thoughts and prayers.

Guest pathmender

Dear Br. Sean,

I have prayed for your brother and his family. That they all may be comforted by God's presence and blessed by His mercy. I have also prayed for you, that you may have the strength of the Holy Spirit and see your family through this horrible time for the glory of God.

May God bless you and keep you strong in His service. Amen.

Rev. Campbell.

Guest pathmender

Dear Br Sean,

It is very understandable that you should feel the need to be with your brother. But ask yourself, what would you do that wouldn’t be done for him anyway if you were there? God is with him, and all the doctors and nurses that are charged with his care are given the knowledge by God to care for him. These are the things needed by his body to heal right now. His mind and spirit is what you can help with, and you can do that from where you are.

Send some flowers or balloons to his room. (There are many florists who deliver long distance arrangements). Add a personal message that will let him know that your thoughts are with him as well as your love.( If there are no relatives near him, the nurses are very good to read such messages as they are very aware how such words work wonders in their patients). Let him know how many people you have sent to pray for him and how God’s mercy and love has been with him and continues to be. These are the things that help to strengthen the spirit, and are what the doctors and nurses cannot give him; something that comes from a brother’s love can do more for the spirit than any medicine I know.

Remain hopeful dear Sean, and continue to pray as those of us who pledged the same will do. He has a long way to go, and every prayer and good wish you send with your love, will bring the miracles of God we all are asking for now.

Find your strength in God, Sean. I believe your family will need you to help them get through this too.

May God bless you and comfort you and keep you strong in His service. Amen.

Rev. Campbell.

• Amulet locked this topic