A Sincere Apology

It's one of those, "I can't believe I said that!" moments.

Please accept my sincere apologies for a statement I should not have made at the end of my discourse on the Wedding Feast parable found in the Pulpit forum.

I referred to myself as a scribe, a teacher and keeper of the Word of God. Well, my friends, I am no such thing. I'm just an old man who reads his bible and on occasion gets a little inspirational message to share. God may have given me wisdom, but I certainly didn't use it with that statement!

It was a pompous and self adulating sentence for which I am truly sorry and regret ever having said. I wish it could be erased from the postscript. I fervently hope it does not negate the spiritual insight given in the message.

I apologize to all and especially to my God. Peace.

RR

PS: This post is for your information and does not require a response. Thank you.

Edited by RevRainbow

I referred to myself as a scribe, a teacher and keeper of the Word of God. Well, my friends, I am no such thing.

Humility is a wonderful quality. That said, I think that before you were right, and now you are wrong. You ARE such a thing. :thumbu:

I'm just an old man who reads his bible and on occasion gets a little inspirational message to share.

Same difference, huh?

You're a good man RevRainbow, do not slight yourself. You were there for me when I needed

an answer to something posted. You were one of many who helped in my darkest hours,

Keep up the good work, do not change, you inspire others.

I see no need for your apology, as you are a refreshing light to many. :Lighten:

Edited by Pegasuss

You are one of my favorite people on this forum, RevRainbow. Don't sweat the small stuff.

We all say and post things we regret. I know I do. Sometimes we all get carried away, or misunderstand the nuance (or lack thereof) of the typical drive-by postings. However, it is the sum total of your work that matters. Most people are savvy and kind enough to understand this. It is for this reason that I still respect a great many of the frequent posters here. We are human. We have our moments. :shades2:

:thumbu::wub:

I came home tonight and read the responses above which lightened my spirit. Thank you. It is situations as these, IMO, that keep us from getting too "puffed up" in our own importance. At my age I really should have known better, but it was a post script I tacked on and realized only too late what I had done. I needed to point that out. Thank you for your understanding.

:wub:

It's one of those, "I can't believe I said that!" moments.

Please accept my sincere apologies for a statement I should not have made at the end of my discourse on the Wedding Feast parable found in the Pulpit forum.

I referred to myself as a scribe, a teacher and keeper of the Word of God. Well, my friends, I am no such thing. I'm just an old man who reads his bible and on occasion gets a little inspirational message to share. God may have given me wisdom, but I certainly didn't use it with that statement!

It was a pompous and self adulating sentence for which I am truly sorry and regret ever having said. I wish it could be erased from the postscript. I fervently hope it does not negate the spiritual insight given in the message.

I apologize to all and especially to my God. Peace.

RR

PS: This post is for your information and does not require a response. Thank you.

Rev you are these things and more, but I can understand your wanting to remain humble and I respect that. You must also understand as Wizard Adam pointed out, you do write therefore you are a scribe, you do teach therfor you are a teacher, and you do promote the Bible which you believe to be the word of God and you try to live by it making you a keeper of the word, and last but not least I have never known you to be a braggart on any level and even stating these things you did so with a humble heart.

• Amulet locked this topic