Beyond The Veil

I saw a post somewhere on this site regarding the concept of "not knowing what awaits us beyond" and felt that I should allow my voice to be heard.

I believe the comment about not knowing was made by Wizard Adam, but I no longer remember where I read it.

For those who have read my previous post, "Personal Theology", in the Stories, Beliefs, and Trials section of the Roundtable, you know where I come from with this thought. For those who haven't read it, please do so in order to prevent from getting a little confused here.

As I believe in the Divine Creative One, I believe that every way we call upon the Higher Power is proper and works, and as such, believe that the world that awaits us beyond the Veil of Life and Death is whatever it is that we expect to be there. For an example, I am Neo-Pagan, and believe in the tenet of spiritual recycling (reincarnation) in order for our souls to learn all the wisdom of the One. As such, I expect that when my mortal shell can no longer contain my soul, it will travel to a place that I perceive much along the lines of the Arthurian Isle of Avalon. From there, the wisdom of my life is considered, both by me and the Divine Creative One, as the One is teacher to all throughtout all life, both inside and outside of the mortal coil. When time comes for me to return to this world, in a form befitting the next Lesson I must learn, my soul returns to the world.

Additionally, the world is set in layers, since my perception of time is a bit less than linear. See "My "creativolution" Theory" post and the answer I gave to Fawzo. As it is, the world I return to is not always on the same "layer" of reality and time, so the One finds the best world for me to be placed in and sends me there when the time is proper.

I would voice my opinions on the supposed realms beyond for other religions, but my personal views are kind of limited. I'm currently engulfed in reading up on Buddhism, Kabbalistic Judaism, the Lost Gospels of Christianity, the Celtic and Nordic myths, and the Egyptian religious views during the time of the Pharoahs, so I may be able to expound upon this in the near future.

Your thoughts?

Mystical Philosopher Sephira Midnyght

Yeah, there has been some limited but substantial proof that there is reincarnation, but not enough to disprove charlatanism and trickery. I would like to believe that there is a wheel we ride on thousands of time until we are prepared to take over for the ailing and aging God, but we would be an exact clone by process of these life leanings, but again pure speculation ~smiles~.

I have had a near death experience and perceived myself to be talking directly to God/Creator and he told me to come home, but I saw my mom and brother crying, so I asked to stay on this Earth. Next thing I know I am alive then I pass out and wake up two days later ~smiles~

I cannot know if it was truly God, but the experience was life altering leading me into the occult at a very very young age ~smiles~.

There is a voice that comes in my head when I am meditating and it is not my own, and it doesn’t sound like my conscious, but I can’t scientifically prove to you or anyone else that it is God or that reincarnation was a viable recycling program for souls ~smiles~.

I firmly believe Mohammad, Jesus, and Buddha specifically tried to explain to us to just live a good life and not worry about the afterlife because all the answers would eventually make themselves very evident in death.

I would personally just like to die and get off the wheel, which is what Buddhist and Hindus are trying to achieve…they seek oblivion and absolute rest for the soul, to never awaken or be stirred again and not know any better.

I am not like most men who have to conceive of gods and spiritualities because their egos are too big to contemplate the actuality that we might just turn into dirt, as a matter of fact I seek the oblivion and the dirt!!! I wish to think and be no more ~smiles~

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah, there has been some limited but substantial proof that there is reincarnation, but not enough to disprove charlatanism and trickery. I would like to believe that there is a wheel we ride on thousands of time until we are prepared to take over for the ailing and aging God, but we would be an exact clone by process of these life leanings, but again pure speculation ~smiles~.

I have had a near death experience and perceived myself to be talking directly to God/Creator and he told me to come home, but I saw my mom and brother crying, so I asked to stay on this Earth. Next thing I know I am alive then I pass out and wake up two days later ~smiles~

I cannot know if it was truly God, but the experience was life altering leading me into the occult at a very very young age ~smiles~.

There is a voice that comes in my head when I am meditating and it is not my own, and it doesn’t sound like my conscious, but I can’t scientifically prove to you or anyone else that it is God or that reincarnation was a viable recycling program for souls ~smiles~.

I firmly believe Mohammad, Jesus, and Buddha specifically tried to explain to us to just live a good life and not worry about the afterlife because all the answers would eventually make themselves very evident in death.

I would personally just like to die and get off the wheel, which is what Buddhist and Hindus are trying to achieve…they seek oblivion and absolute rest for the soul, to never awaken or be stirred again and not know any better.

I am not like most men who have to conceive of gods and spiritualities because their egos are too big to contemplate the actuality that we might just turn into dirt, as a matter of fact I seek the oblivion and the dirt!!! I wish to think and be no more ~smiles~

Part of me believes in the after life yet part of me doesn't. I don't know how many people have seen the movie or read the book, "5 People you'll meet in heaven". I think about that every so often. When my soul goes to heaven who will be there to greet me. I hope to see my Gram (not my grandmother), my great grandfather, my grandpa Ken, my cousin Kelly who passed before her birth and my father. I know we can't control who greets us in heaven but I can hope to see these people.

My point of view is very simple, and I am going to let one of the ancient Rishis explain it for me:

"When a person dies, it is only the physical dody that dies, that person lives on in a nonphysical body (state), which carries the impressons of his/her past life. It is these impressions that determine his/her nex life" (Brihadaranyaka Upanishad IV:9).

This process of reincarnation stops when the person finally reaches spiritual enlightenment in union with God.

Let me make this clear: this is not a scientific theory or postulate, it is a religious belief based on the Hindu Vedanta. This was also believed by Pythagoras, Plato, and many other ancient Pagan philosophers.

Hermano Luis

Moriviví Hermitage

I agree with my religion's general view: "We don't know. We have no way of knowing. So, rather than wasting precious time speculating, it makes more sense to do what we can with the life we have in front of us 'this day'." :)

personally, I don't believe in any 'afterlife.'

Edited by SilverRose

• Amulet locked this topic