A Pastor's Journey

Rev. Jon

As you recall my wife had resounded with optimism for me to go check out this new church. So at about 6:15pm I headed there.

As soon as I arrived I walked inside and the evenings events were already well underway.

I walked with the obvious "I'm new" look on my face, and a lovely lady--Pastor Betti--introduced herself to me. I returned the welcome identifying myself as Paston Jon. with astonishment and glee on her face we began a dialogue. Noting it was in the main chapel and going to potentially interfere with the events proceedings we excused ourselves to her office.

For about the next what felt like 45 minutes(but was actually 1 1/2hours) I shared with her my experience and God's placement on my heart to assist a local church in my neighborhood and to break the norm "Black-Black" & "White-White".

What was amazing with everything is prior to her coming to church that evening she went to her sister's house like usual. But this night was anything but usual. She felt God tell her. Get going to church, I don't won't you dawdaling tonight. She dismissed it for a moment. Than again. The voice came again. This time she listened, and she got to the church literally five minutes before I did. She sat there pondering for a moment, asking "What's so special about tonight, God?" And no sooner then she asked the question, it was than--she said--I walked in.

My brothers and sisters I pause her for a moment to share this. I haven't been able to back since because of my surgery, but I tell you this. There is a reason it is Part 2 of 8..... To be continued...

• Amulet locked this topic