Getting In The Way

I read a quote by Woody Allen where he said “The only thing that stands between me and greatness is me.” I suspect we all fall victim to this. It is ourselves that keep getting in the way of goals. We want to become enlightened but we get in the way. We want to be more compassionate but we get in the way. We want to realize our dreams, but we get in the way. So it would seem to overcome these problems, we have to figure out how to get ourselves out of the way.

I read a quote by Woody Allen where he said “The only thing that stands between me and greatness is me.” I suspect we all fall victim to this. It is ourselves that keep getting in the way of goals. We want to become enlightened but we get in the way. We want to be more compassionate but we get in the way. We want to realize our dreams, but we get in the way. So it would seem to overcome these problems, we have to figure out how to get ourselves out of the way.

So is pushing ourselves out of the way .....as effective as other resistance training - where one gains strength by so doing? :)

This reduction of self - does this involve Jenny Craig? :)

Okay.....so it would seem we need to figure out how to get ourselves out of the way?

Hmmm.....seems the entire equation hinges on the world self, no?

Von

The way, the only way, to achieve anything is to strive for it and always do the things that get you closer to your objective. It helps a lot if the objective is a good thing and not some silly idea like being famous or popular.

HOOKA has a signature that goes something like it is much better to be interested than interesting. That is so true that even the very best actors are interested in the acting, not the fame of being well known. They are interested in getting the story across to the audience, not that their name is on the board out front. Those who seek to be interesting are only that: oddities.

Guest moonrider

Interesting people tend to inspire people who are not interesting to expend an exuberant amount of time chasing them around. Funny how that works. Most actors don’t want the attention, really, they just want to do their thing and live their life, but there is a ** head everywhere you go who feels they were placed on this earth just to tell you that you have no right to exist. Listen, it’s been said a thousand time before…If you don’t like an actor, or a show, or a rock band, or a church…why don’t you just Not go there? How hard is that? But you know “fans” or whatever you want to call them, they like to talk about performers and evaluate and critique, its all good as long as they don’t go to the level of trying to contact the performers personally, because then various legal implications start to enter into the picture. People who are sick enough to stalk people never see it as they own fault or choice, they always say it’s the fault of the star, why? who knows? Who cares? I hate people like that, they are friggin losers like the people who try to use the internet to get laid, I mean how lame is that?

Come on guys and gals, maybe take a break from these computers and get out in the world a bit?

:wacko:

As far as striving for it, your absolutely right, thats why I practice my scales and chords every day and I "hit the books" reading music theory and all that too, not too mention I've been doing squats everyday so my butt looks terrific because that where the strenght lies. The reign of the flabby butts will soon end, it is a new time, it is a new day.

Finally, greatness, is achieving your own goals, not some one else’s ; )

Hence the reason we will probably can't learn jack until we are dead ~chuckles~. As long as we are living we have tendency to hinder our own progress....

He should know he left his wife for his 16 old step daughter ~snickers~

Edited by Wizard Adam

Guest moonrider
He should know he left his wife for his 16 old step daughter ~snickers~

who did that?

Hence the reason we will probably can't learn jack until we are dead ~chuckles~. As long as we are living we have tendency to hinder our own progress....

your dead right.

I agree. We often allow ourselves to be our own worst enemies. Figuring out what we really want, and freeing ourselves of the baggage that prevents it, is one of the keys to a productive and happy live, IMO.

• Amulet locked this topic