Are We Really Paying Attention?

Rev.Fred

I see a lot of parents letting their little ones listen to different types of new music and I am horrified. Do you think it is ok to let little ones listen to the music since they don't understand the meanings or are you in shock like I am? Do you think music has any effect on people's behavior? Do you think the music industry has gone too far? Should we censor, ignore, or enjoy?

I censor. My kids are still fairly small though so its not too difficult yet (8 and 5). I treat it the same as movies, TV, etc... I censor what I think is inappropriate and offer appropriate alternatives in its place.

~ Well, I tried to censor when my children were younger {14 or so} & they'd buy the graphic rap crap...

Take it back to the store & chew-out the manager for selling X-rated stuff to minors. But they'd get it from thier friends & I'd destroy 'em.

After 18 I couldn't do much but not allow it in my house.

When they were younger it was much easier, they listened to what we listened to. Not much choice ;)

I see a lot of parents letting their little ones listen to different types of new music and I am horrified. Do you think it is ok to let little ones listen to the music since they don't understand the meanings or are you in shock like I am? Do you think music has any effect on people's behavior? Do you think the music industry has gone too far? Should we censor, ignore, or enjoy?

Government should not censor. Parents should. Most do not. Standards diminish. We continue to be de-sensitized to everything, and this de-sensitization gets younger and younger as we go forward. Bummer. They will soon themselves raise kids. :wacko: