What Should I Read Next?

I'm getting more interested in learning about what different people and groups think is the right way to live and act. My approach is to listen to all of it and try and distill the good stuff.

Yesterday I read the Dhammapada and couldn't put it down! I don't subscribe to some of the assumptions it makes (that passion is 100% no good, etc.), but I love the way it says everything plainly and uses examples for extra clarity. It's also brief enough to be a quick tour and reference to the Buddha's teachings. I'm borrowing someone's copy and I'm not sure I want to give it back!

Can anyone recommend other books that are good introductions to different ways of life, or anything at all that you think I ought to read? Thanks!

The Nature of Personal Reality by Jane Roberts a book in which an entity named Seth from another dimesion explains reality.

A Course in Miracles by the Inner Peace Foundation this take a year to read and do all the lessons.

Why don't you go out to a strange place and just have conversations with people and genuilely be interested in what they say and am sure you will learn as much as you can from a book, perhaps even more ~smiles~.

I read Seth speaks it was an awesome book....heavy read though most people can't even understand it ~smiles~.

I'm getting more interested in learning about what different people and groups think is the right way to live and act. My approach is to listen to all of it and try and distill the good stuff.

Yesterday I read the Dhammapada and couldn't put it down! I don't subscribe to some of the assumptions it makes (that passion is 100% no good, etc.), but I love the way it says everything plainly and uses examples for extra clarity. It's also brief enough to be a quick tour and reference to the Buddha's teachings. I'm borrowing someone's copy and I'm not sure I want to give it back!

Can anyone recommend other books that are good introductions to different ways of life, or anything at all that you think I ought to read? Thanks!

The LAW by Bastiat In almost every library and less than ten bucks through Amazon or B & N. Of course you have to spend a little more to have free shipping.

well rose, i suppose it's not just groups (schools of thought) but just different ways of thinking. gimme whatever you've got :)

figure it this way: people's outlook & approach re: "the purpose of____" (fill in blanks- everything of importance in a person's life) is the main factor which influences how they go about life in general.

if you're interested in that subject, try this: http://www.lulu.com/content/2463007 :)

Not just for Kevin C;

If you want to find out about life, get out and live some of it.

Jump out of an airplane if you want that thrill, cook something you never liked to find out why, sing a song during rush hour on the street or watch someone else do it. Find out what it really feels like to have an explosion where you can feel it but don't scare the cops too badly.

Live, forcryinoutloud, live Don't study in some ivory tower and say you know anything, that is too much like a college professor.

Join Toastmasters and give a speech, Go to a farm and milk a cow, feed farm cats. Drive a truck and saddle a horse and ride for hours. The ideas are endless, just like life is if you live it.

Edited by simplicitys-brother