Prayers Needed

I am currently in what I would call an unhealthy relationship. I love this man dearly, and I would think he was "The One" except for a major issue that he chooses not to resolve. I do honestly believe he loves me, but obviously not enough to do what is necessary for our relationship to thrive. (Note the italics above--this is indeed a conscious choice that he absolutely has 100% control of and responsibility for; he just WON'T DO IT. There are no outside factors, no extenuating circumstances, etc.)

To be honest, I'm not sure what to pray for myself--for him to resolve this issue, or me to gather the courage to walk away. I guess I just need prayer that the Great Spirit will push one of us in the direction we need to go--whichever outcome is best for our Highest Good. I have never in my life known love like this man has shown me. But I'm getting very tired and discouraged; as much as I love him and would hate to let him go, this issue is fast becoming a deal-breaker for me.

Peace and Blessings,

Suzy

I think that when one prays for change in others then you are asking for heartache. Is the change in others what we really want or do we really want the change just to "feel better" about the hard descision that faces us. In times when we are not as strong as we should be we seek to change others to suit our own needs. I believe that a person has to want to change.....it is a descision to be made and no amount of pleading or praying can make that happen. God gave us all freedom of choice and we have to do that.

I pray that you are strong,safe, and can make a hard descision based on logic rather than emotion. Do what is best for you do not wait on others. Life is too short !

Gods strenth to you!!

I think that when one prays for change in others then you are asking for heartache. Is the change in others what we really want or do we really want the change just to "feel better" about the hard descision that faces us. In times when we are not as strong as we should be we seek to change others to suit our own needs. I believe that a person has to want to change.....it is a descision to be made and no amount of pleading or praying can make that happen. God gave us all freedom of choice and we have to do that.

I pray that you are strong,safe, and can make a hard descision based on logic rather than emotion. Do what is best for you do not wait on others. Life is too short !

Gods strenth to you!!

very insightful smoke, well put!

I am currently in what I would call an unhealthy relationship. I love this man dearly, and I would think he was "The One" except for a major issue that he chooses not to resolve. I do honestly believe he loves me, but obviously not enough to do what is necessary for our relationship to thrive. (Note the italics above--this is indeed a conscious choice that he absolutely has 100% control of and responsibility for; he just WON'T DO IT. There are no outside factors, no extenuating circumstances, etc.)

To be honest, I'm not sure what to pray for myself--for him to resolve this issue, or me to gather the courage to walk away. I guess I just need prayer that the Great Spirit will push one of us in the direction we need to go--whichever outcome is best for our Highest Good. I have never in my life known love like this man has shown me. But I'm getting very tired and discouraged; as much as I love him and would hate to let him go, this issue is fast becoming a deal-breaker for me.

Peace and Blessings,

Suzy

I pray for both of you, him to get his life together, for you to have the strength do what must be done, it sounds that your to the point that you know what to do, but you can't do it.

The Great Spirit isn't the author of confusion or pain. So I pray that God intervenes, helps you with strength and conviction your decision. And that God helps him to find his way in his life. Amen.

Guest pathmender

Dear Suzy,

Have faith, and believe God knows what He's doing. Speak to God open and honestly and bring all your feelings to Him. Ask that His will be done, and it will be so. Know that what ever happens is the best thing for you and your beloved. ( Even if you don't see it or understand it right away).

God will not fail you or abandon you as His love for you is so much more than you could ever understand or equal.

I have sent prayers for you and your love.

Rev. Campbell.

• Amulet locked this topic