Another 3 Day Ressurection Story Prior To Yeshua

Fawzo

• 3 weeks later...

Obviously it was planted by Satan and his demons. Satan and his demons are attempting to deceive theworld into apostacy so that the world will burn for billions of years in the eternal gulag.

Why, these tavlets should be destroyed! They only will cause the bilions of Hellbound sinners reason to doubt and fill gloating Satan's Kingdom of Eternal Darkness with more vassals for the Princew of Darkness to enslave for a millenium or two!

how about one that happened over 1000 years before Christ was born?

http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_jckr.htm

Many early Christians thought these were deceptions. Many others believed they were glimpses of the truth, slightly mis-managed revelations - the best a non-Christian could aspire to, but much better than nothing.

This is why Virgil guides Dante through the Inferno. V's poem celebrating the birth of a saviour through whom all creation would be restored was seen by many medieval theologians as a pagan's glimpse of the truth.

Actually it was written to celebrate the birth of some dim Roman aristo (laying the praise on rather thick) but happened to coincide roughly with the supposed birth of Jesus.

Perhaps some people need to read the book "A Case for the Real Jesus" by Lee Strobel. He investigates from a non biased perspective and presents all sides of the story as well as interviews the leading scholars, both secular and christian.

Perhaps some people need to read the book "A Case for the Real Jesus" by Lee Strobel. He investigates from a non biased perspective and presents all sides of the story as well as interviews the leading scholars, both secular and christian.

I went to Amazon.com and read the reviews on this book. Seems as if there is a firestorm of debate about it. If it pops up at the library I will check it out.

• 4 years later...

Well so much for lunch, shower and trip to the store!

I've spent the time instead trying to find an update on this "Dead Sea Scroll on stone" to no avail. Seems as if it had a momentary spotlight in 2008 and then...then? :wizard: .....poof!

What I do find intriguing about this story though is that we as contemporary readers of any subject need to really understand the settings any story relates. If as this stone memo says, stories of resurrection existed decades, even centuries, before Jesus in Jewish beliefs, then it makes even more sense about the addition of this aspect to the Apostle's writing of his story.

I read a compelling article many years ago on Simon (the other brother to Christ) being a naturopathic healer and that the "vinegar" given to Jesus on the cross was a death like knock out formula. 3 day coma and besides a horrific hangover with possible hallucinations, full recovery. Do I believe it?

Not 100%, but I feel like most "possibilities" there's a chance it might have happened the way the author depicted.

Stories of death and resurrection go back thousands of years in many cultures, even the Nordic sagas of the Valkyries and slain warriors is akin to resurrection, so unless we can talk to someone at the crucifixion, chances are anything we come up with today is speculation at worst, academic conjecture at best.

The main thing is we keep on exploring!!

Blessings of Peace,

We're not even an occupied country and yet look at all the "Messiah" types that spring up in our own country that people desperately cling to looking for hope. Just to name a few of the more infamous like Jim Jones, David Koresh, Marshall Appelwhite (Heaven's Gate) and even the likes of good ole Charlie Manson. I am quite sure tucked around our country now there are thousands of small groups who believe that their charismatic leader is quite possibly the Messiah.

Now drift back into time to an occupied land of less sophisticated peoples who has suffered thousands of years of hardships under the thumb of various conquerors and it is easy to see how many more Messiahs would be quite common place. Then imagine one who seemingly dead may have been revived by a cool dank tomb, which was not a rare occurence back in those times and is it any wonder the story spread more then most of the other Messiahs of the day. I have acually read that in those times it was Jewish Law that someone check on the tomb a few days after burial to make sure that the ceased had not been revived. I would think that maybe RabbiO could confirm or nix that laws existance.

I have been saying for years that I am God and no one flocks around me! Maybe it is because I have been saying for years that everyone else is God, too. I guess I will just flock around myself and be happy with it.

Make sure you're frocked when you flock or it gets a little creepy :D

• Amulet locked this topic