Last Friday evening, I had the pleasure of officiating at my daughter's wedding in Laguna Beach, CA.

When she asked me to perform the ceremony back in January, I just couldn't understand how that could be possible..

Thanks to ULC and a long conversation with the Orange County Clerks office, I stood in a canyon before about a hundred friends and family members and asked for blessings for my sweet daughter and her new husband. It was positively magical...

The prayers we gathered, "Prayer to the Four Winds" and the Apache Wedding Blessing made this ceremony so personal and heartfelt, like I said, magical. (a Red Tailed Hawk even showed up earlier in the day)

I am honored. Thank You.

Last Friday evening, I had the pleasure of officiating at my daughter's wedding in Laguna Beach, CA.

When she asked me to perform the ceremony back in January, I just couldn't understand how that could be possible..

Thanks to ULC and a long conversation with the Orange County Clerks office, I stood in a canyon before about a hundred friends and family members and asked for blessings for my sweet daughter and her new husband. It was positively magical...

The prayers we gathered, "Prayer to the Four Winds" and the Apache Wedding Blessing made this ceremony so personal and heartfelt, like I said, magical. (a Red Tailed Hawk even showed up earlier in the day)

I am honored. Thank You.

That sounds great. What symbolism would have the hawk have besides the presence of Spirit?

• 2 weeks later...

I am honored. Thank You.

That's just too cool :thumbu:

I am honored. Thank You.

It sounds beautiful! The Native American ceremonies are beautiful & honest.

May their lives be full of many blessings.

Both sides of my family are of Cherokee heritage (Smoky Mountain region), I would love to learn some of their prayers & blessings. I've always felt a pull to that side of my family.

Thanks to you both, for enthusiasm and blessings -and it was amazing!

I love my daughter, and oh yes, my new son-in-law - so much

and was humbled and honored (not even the right words) when she told how much it would

mean to her if I offered the blessings and officiated for them.

I am a Teacher/Social Worker by trade, don't particularly love public speaking,

have no (tangible) affiliation with any church, am not a Judge or Steamboat Captain, and am,

quite frankly, pretty shy. But after all is said and done

what an experience - a spirit does move you when you speak to something so huge, so solemn, really.

risteen - the Native ceremonies are truest to my heart, they are as you say, 'beautiful and honest" - how I like to see the world, what I believe in and what speaks to my heart and surely, what I wish for my sweet girl

the Apache Blessing is a perfect example, speaking to the two in a few short paragraphs the lesson of life/love

so get to stepping there, I can only imagine the magic you will find, I might even look myself

:cool:

• Amulet locked this topic