The Distant Past

mererdog

My gray matter works differently from others I have known on this shiny blue ball in space... Probably due to head injuries I suffered as a child... Thats not to say it doesnt work... Indeed, it usually works overtime... But it works differently. Weird little things... Like I can do math better in my head then with pen and paper. This is due to the WAY I do math... I think in Base3 as opposed to Base4 or Base10 like most people... Its why my whole family excels in the musical realm and I do not.. Music is Base4. When I was younger, some forms of music actually had the ability to make me physically ill.

This effects my memory centers as well... It is strange, but my earliest memory is of the womb... I remember it almost as clearly as I remember the crib.... Nothing between the womb and crib, no "bassinet" stuff.. I also remember being scratched by the cat when I could only crawl... And finally my first steps. The really weird part is that even with that sort of long term memory, I honestly could not tell you what I had for breakfast today or even if I did... Many days I cant.. Some days by this time (almost 10pm) I cant say what I had for dinner... But, if you ask me a week from now, I just may be able to tell you though. Maybe. Like I said.... weird.

Memory also springs at me from nowhere sometimes... As I was writing the above, for some reason I was thinking about the little pinhole 110 camera I built from cardboard when I was 6, and the pictures I took with it... I really have no idea why...

Illst join simplicitys-brother

and say whitch lifetime

I remember things from age 2 years. However, your comment brings up an interesting question I would like to ask. I have considered regression therapy. Has anyone here ever experienced hynotic regression therapy and what was the experience like?

• 4 months later...

I remember things from age 2 years. However, your comment brings up an interesting question I would like to ask. I have considered regression therapy. Has anyone here ever experienced hynotic regression therapy and what was the experience like?

I can tell you that any type of hypnosis will lay in more troubles than it could ever solve.

Do something that will wake you up, not put you further under consciousness. Look around, you can find it.

Illst join simplicitys-brother

and say whitch lifetime

Many many many lifetimes ago are clear as a bell. But that is all I would say on the subject.

• 1 year later...

I got the casts off my legs (born clubbed footed) at 28 months and remember the weight of them and how difficult it was to stand. I remember my sister keeping me busy in the "big sink" in the kitchen, near the patio through window, with a small float toys...funny don't remember the toys, but remember sitting there soaking off the casts. So yes, 2 years +/- a few months.

'But that's impossible' says Masters and Johnson, Dr. Spock and others, "Our earliest memories are facilitated at approximately 4 years of age." I remember reading that at 29 when my daughter was born and never finished either book my mother gave me(us). Guess she didn't have faith that someone with two kids already would have a clue what to do with the third!!

:paladin:

• Amulet locked this topic