• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
The Number of the Beast is a concept from the Book of Revelation of the New Testament of the Christian Bible. The Number is 666 in most manuscripts of the New Testament, and in modern translations and critical editions of the Greek text. However, there is some doubt about the original reading, as modern studies have shown that the earliest known manuscript of the Book of Revelation, Papyrus 115, (from the 3rd century) used 616. This topic is a source of contention for many church groups and theologians.[1] Some scholars contend that the number 666 is a code for the Roman Emperor Nero,[2][3] others that 616 is a code for the Roman Emperor Caligula.[4]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number_of_the_Beast

:evil:

I don't know if I actually fear the 666, but I will tell You this as heavily tattooed as I am I WILL NOT be getting 666 on my forehead or hands! :evil:

Just throwing a thought I suddenly had out there, without doing any research - I wonder if a marked hands might be symbolically marked by actions and marked foreheads might be symbolic of thoughts?

In Hebrew there is no Zero, and the letters were interchangeable with numbers. In turn they could condensed down to a single number, letter, or word. With 666, it was argued whether it was meant for Greek translation or Hebrew, which leads to leads to a lot of rabbit chasing.

Personally, I use the Hebrew and Biblical references to the first mentioning of just 6.

According to the scriptures man was created on the 6th day, therefore Man's number is 6.

Whose causing all the trouble in the world today?? Man, Man, Man!

In Hebrew there is no Zero, and the letters were interchangeable with numbers. In turn they could condensed down to a single number, letter, or word. With 666, it was argued whether it was meant for Greek translation or Hebrew, which leads to leads to a lot of rabbit chasing.

Personally, I use the Hebrew and Biblical references to the first mentioning of just 6.

According to the scriptures man was created on the 6th day, therefore Man's number is 6.

Whose causing all the trouble in the world today?? Man, Man, Man!

oh, I like that observation very much. :shift:

• 1 month later...

The only two meanings the number holds for me:

1. I was in a musical play last year where a preacher asked us in his spirit-moving voice, "Turn your hymnals to #667 - that's one-better than the Devil!" I wish I had that line...

2. $6.66 is the price of a chocolate-covered strawberry waffle bowl (the wife's choice) and any flavor small Blizzard (my choice) at the local Dairy Queen, including tax (which incidently is 6%). Considering I'm trying to lose weight, and I'm lactose intolerant, I can see a Devil arguement made here... :lol:

Edited by ActingUpAgain
  • 2 months later...
As I understand it, in Hebrew numbers and letters were the same, and the numbers 666 also happen to be the letters for the Roman Emperor Nero. St. John of Patmos was clearly refering to Nero, so facts had to be bent to fit the vision.

:kimmy:

Perhaps John got the right number, but the wrong guy? Visions are strange, and most prophets tend to lean to the baddies of their day, with hopes that the signs they invision are the coming end of the current tyrant's reign.

It's strange that Reagan moved and didn't change his name: Ronald Wilson Reagan. 6 characters in each name, 3 names. 666.

• 2 months later...

Since this is post #666, I thought I would ask your thoughts about this number and numerology in general. I believe the Reagans once has a house address changed from 666 to something else. Are you afraid of the number 666? What significance does it have to some people? I am unfamiliar with it.

My understanding is there is biblical reference to the number "666". I don't remember that particular meaning; however I have felt and thought that the number "666" was just and only that a number. I remember having a dream about the studying of the number "666" and in the dream I was taught that this is only a number. I'm not sure exactly where that dream came from or who it came from, but I did feel and believe what was said about that particular number. It is only a number.

666 reminds me of the credit rating system, your score, your number, you can't buy or sell without taking a number, and if your number is to low, no car, no house, not even an apartment. I think were pretty close to this now. Just some thoughts, what do my ULC brothers and sisters think? G-D bless.

Will anyone buy gas at $6.66 a gallon? :lol:

However, in order to take part in this prosperity, everyone is required to receive the “Mark of the Beast,” presumably the number 666, on their forehead or right hand, in order to engage in commerce.

This sounds to me like a description of a credit card. Anyone enjoying their prosperity that has a score of 666?

I did the next best thing. By accident I checked out at Walmart and the price came to $6.66. The beastly women tried to insist on adding a penny to it. I told her no, if she did I'd not pay it. And on an somewhat evil whim, I told her 666 was my favorite number. lol. Funny for me. Her face turned pale.

Just throwing a thought I suddenly had out there, without doing any research - I wonder if a marked hands might be symbolically marked by actions and marked foreheads might be symbolic of thoughts?

Sorry I missed this one, but it is profound enough to respond to even if late. A very plausible insight, TR, I like it.

666 denotes imperfection, so I also like Magus' idea of the number being man. Put em all together and whattaya got? Something to ponder (but not to get all wrapped up in).

As a side note, 666 was the last three numbers of my divorce decree. :rolleyes:

Edited by RevRainbow
I did the next best thing. By accident I checked out at Walmart and the price came to $6.66. The beastly women tried to insist on adding a penny to it. I told her no, if she did I'd not pay it. And on an somewhat evil whim, I told her 666 was my favorite number. lol. Funny for me. Her face turned pale.

Now this I find funny! Personally i think walmart was created by evil and ITS number is 666. I would have been even worse and invited her to the goat sacrifice we were having later!! Wonder what color she would have turned then?? lol!!!!! :rolleyes:

Now this I find funny! Personally i think walmart was created by evil and ITS number is 666. I would have been even worse and invited her to the goat sacrifice we were having later!! Wonder what color she would have turned then?? lol!!!!! :rolleyes:

I used to complain about the smiley face stickers, that walmart employees put on children at the entrance, as being the mark of the beast.

I believe that "fear" of the number 666 is unwarranted, by the standard that several "facts" in the bible are altered or corrupted, and this is likely one of them. In the times that the bible was originally written, numbers were not as they are today, so there is a chance that the word translated as "six" could have been something all together different.

I am not overly superstitious, but I do have some numbers which I guess I could consider "lucky".

I like the number 8. For some reason, I always have a good feeling about it. I can't explain it.

I like the number 4. It gives me a feeling of strength when I feel weak. Perhaps because I equate it with the very similar planetary symbol for Jupiter, and I see Jupiter as an icon of strength and might.

I like the number 13. Only 2 or three times a year is there a Friday the thirteenth. I know it is the same with all other numbers, but this particular date is more noted because of the hype it has gained over the years. And every time one occurs, I have a very good day. If someone asks me my "lucky number" I usually tell them 13, for the reaction. heh.

Side note: My mother was born to a Catholic family. She was born on 6-26-60 at 6:06 am and weighed 6 pounds 6 ounces. She had fun with that growing up. :lol:

cross.jpg

• Amulet locked this topic