When Are You A Senior?

Samadhi

• 5 months later...
What is your philosophy on when you become a senior? 50? 55? 60? 65? or other? Do you look forward to senior discounts or are you horrified by qualifying for them?

On my 50th birthday my brother who is 12 years older sent a card that said "Now that you are a junior senior citizen" I called him up and told him since he was a senior senior I forget he had the wrong date on the card. He said my twin nieces whose birthday is the day after mine already got on him about it. But seriously age is only relevant if you let it be. :beach:

Actually I would trade being senior for another forty years.

What the hells would I do with that? After Obama is elected, WHY?

Makes me glad to be senior, may make me eligible for more of your money. :thumbu:

Hopefully.

My Dad, a staunch Republican, proud veteran, respected inner city homicide detective, treasurer of his golf club, Commander in Chief of his VFW post, beloved father, grandfather and friend would not have been able to enjoy his life for the last eight years, well seven, (he died last February),

if we had not been able to help financially.

Despite serving his country, working hard all of his life, raising four children and working part time till the very day he took ill at 78 would NEVER have been able to make it through the Bush administrations

reign.

His medication alone (and he was HEALTHY), would have broken him. How in the world can a weeks worth of medication cost two hundred dollars? Blame that on someone else if you like but Bush the Gone had eight years to fix it among other things.

My father had a modest apartment, simple tastes, an eight year old car and an ever present smile. He outwardly frowned on "handouts". We tried to make sure this proud man didn't have to ask if he needed.

Surely Mr. Bush need not take responsibility for everything that has gone horribly wrong in the last eight years but there is much he can take credit for.

Good Riddance.

Hopefully.

My Dad, a staunch Republican, proud veteran, respected inner city homicide detective, treasurer of his golf club, Commander in Chief of his VFW post, beloved father, grandfather and friend would not have been able to enjoy his life for the last eight years, well seven, (he died last February),

if we had not been able to help financially.

Despite serving his country, working hard all of his life, raising four children and working part time till the very day he took ill at 78 would NEVER have been able to make it through the Bush administrations

reign.

His medication alone (and he was HEALTHY), would have broken him. How in the world can a weeks worth of medication cost two hundred dollars? Blame that on someone else if you like but Bush the Gone had eight years to fix it among other things.

My father had a modest apartment, simple tastes, an eight year old car and an ever present smile. He outwardly frowned on "handouts". We tried to make sure this proud man didn't have to ask if he needed.

Surely Mr. Bush need not take responsibility for everything that has gone horribly wrong in the last eight years but there is much he can take credit for.

Good Riddance.

This has been going on for over forty years do you think it's going to change now. :rolleyes:

What is your philosophy on when you become a senior? 50? 55? 60? 65? or other? Do you look forward to senior discounts or are you horrified by qualifying for them?

According to AARP, I'll be senior in January, when I turn 50.

But there's days I feel like 19 and others like 80.

So live your life like there's no age and live, love and be happy.

• Amulet locked this topic