Open Question To All

murphzlaw1

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that's OK, I believe I wont end up in the chair. No one is that mean as to put me in the chair.

We do have a nice pot, oops I mean hot tub for newbies to sit back and enjoy themselves. Make sure you bring a couple of carrots, potatoes and beef bullion cubes with you.....wait a minute......Rev Al is it white wine or red wine this week...I need to tell the Nube whether its beef bullion or chicken broth this week.....

• 4 weeks later...

Hi to all!

I'm Jericho Ibañez, from Philippines, I just like to ask or any from ULC Respected Clergy/s, that if the ULC allow us to be married while we are doing Priesthood or clergy function-ministry?

Because like the born again christian or their Pastors, Bishops etc can married, but unlike the Roman Catholic Priest cannot; However they do the same duties and responsibilities. The reason why I ask this because I'm Planning to fully concentrate to have my own ministry rather than for almost 10 years of doing missionary in spiritual empowerment as a freelance speaker, because I'm also planning to be married this coming two years at the same time having my own ministry or church. And I also saw some of the stoles and droves part of ULC Store, whereas, it also commonly used by the catholic priest/s. Because I'm just little confuse about it if I'm going to wear a complete clergy/minister for pulpit function that maybe others will recognized me I'm a roman catholic priest but I'm already married after two years... Although I could depend on it, however I'm just collecting all some important details...

Hoping to all, for your immediate response regarding to this matter.

Sincerely yours,

Bro. Jericho Ibanez

Philippines

Hi to all!

I'm Jericho Ibañez, from Philippines, I just like to ask or any from ULC Respected Clergy/s, that if the ULC allow us to be married while we are doing Priesthood or clergy function-ministry?

Because like the born again christian or their Pastors, Bishops etc can married, but unlike the Roman Catholic Priest cannot; However they do the same duties and responsibilities. The reason why I ask this because I'm Planning to fully concentrate to have my own ministry rather than for almost 10 years of doing missionary in spiritual empowerment as a freelance speaker, because I'm also planning to be married this coming two years at the same time having my own ministry or church. And I also saw some of the stoles and droves part of ULC Store, whereas, it also commonly used by the catholic priest/s. Because I'm just little confuse about it if I'm going to wear a complete clergy/minister for pulpit function that maybe others will recognized me I'm a roman catholic priest but I'm already married after two years... Although I could depend on it, however I'm just collecting all some important details...

Hoping to all, for your immediate response regarding to this matter.

Sincerely yours,

Bro. Jericho Ibanez

Philippines

Yes, You are allowed to be married while being a ULC Minister or Clergy.

For more details and info on ULC Clergy and Congregations:

Click Here

Blessings of Peace,

• 3 weeks later...

I feel comfortable here because like if I'm on Facebook, I have friends who are athiests or Universalists or "I'm too old to believe in imaginary people-ist" (yes, I have a friend that says thats her religion,lol. All that is fine but if religion is remoetly brought up, it starts a MASSIVE NASTY controversy among friends who bring on personal level insults (or friends of friends or aren't mutual friends blah blah blah). I post religious things from my other pages on my sewing page that I have on there and on my personal page, but alot of times I make it where it doesn't show up on some of my friends pages because I don't want to deal with the unnessacary flak. Here I can talk and not worry (too much) about being bashed without having someone back me up or step in and say 'ok - back off, it was an opinion' and I appreciate that.

• 4 months later...

While doing a bit of housecleaning today here in the New Members Section, I see that Murph's question/post from waaay back has sort of trickled out of folks' thinking. Just thought I'd refresh it for some of our new members that have joined over the last couple of years. Why not take a moment and let us know what you think?

Posted 17 May 2008 - 12:56 AM

...... Obviously, many of our members don't return, or have found other interests, or whatever. But, we do have a surprisingly large contingent, at least to me, of people who have made this their "home" forum of choice.

Why is that? What keeps you coming back? Why ya'll like it here?

(Truncated for relevance)

One comment of note:

Each discussion topic and response is a window into someone else's reality; a perspective on something that all can see and is in plain sight, yet perceived so distinctly unlike one another, at times, that it hard to visualize from what perspective the thing in plain sight is being seen.

And each reality is valid as the next for it is all a state of mind.

(Emphasis added)

Out of all the well thought out responses, this one above really struck a chord with me and I found it to represent the crux of this forum and why I'm here. When it comes to the subjects of Spirituality, Faith and Belief, I haven't heard it said any better than that!

Maybe as you ponder Murph's questions you might cruise back through some of the other Member's words and see if something strikes you.

Blessings of Peace,

PS: I had a compulsion this morning to put up a new topic to bring a bit of interest back to Members Q&A, but after reading thus one, nothing I could say could hit the mark as well as what's already been said or asked!

• 2 weeks later...

Being relatively new here, I have read the Hot Seat Q&A of most of the active members here. I have found it very informative and an interesting way to get to know more about those that I interact with here. I am disappointed that there is so little interest. The last person in the Hot Seat barely stuck around long enough to answer any questions at all. I had considered volunteering for the Hot Seat, but with such little interest I wonder what's the point.

Edited by Brother Kaman

Being relatively new here, I have read the Hot Seat Q&A of most of the active members here. I have found it very informative and an interesting way to get to know more about those that I interact with here. I am disappointed that there is so little interest. The last person in the Hot Seat barely stuck around long enough to answer any questions at all. I had considered volunteering for the Hot Seat, but with such little interest I wonder what's the point.

I couldn't agree more Bro Kaman. A few months ago I tried from outright silly to ubber serious to get some interest and well, for a few hours...meh.

I don't know, it really seems that people's opinions concerning news headlines, gun ownership and use and/or myriad of other topics are what most Members seem to delve into. When someone posts a dedicated post of their views on Spiritual matters, or religious, a few obliging responses seem to be sufficient. The other things I mentioned seem to go on and on and on and on and on and on. :derisive:

Just about the time one would think all has been said on those topics someone adds another perspective of the same thing and it goes on and on and on and on and on....and then a short break and it continues to go on and on and on and on.... :rofl:

and oh! Did I mention how the other topics seems to go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on? :doh:

But anyway, I made a note on the 8th to post this "next week" for a couple of reasons, but I think 4 days is close enough...one reason was to allow anyone else with 'interest' a chance to respond and two, just to see if there was any interest...guess that question got answered!

So when ya up for the Hot Seat???! :harhar:

Blessings,

personally I do not get here as often as I would like but i use this as a place of education, edification, enlightenment as well as a place to vent, rant, explain and question.

I "real" life, or rather life here in rural Alabama often I am surrounded by those who's views differ greatly from my own and way too often they have no desire to hear any other view, it is refreshing to come here and not just read the voices that are like minded but also be able to talk to those whose views are in opposition in a safe and respectful way.

The emotional feeling I get out of my interactions here are therapeutic in many ways and mostly very enjoyable.

• 2 months later...
  • Amulet locked, featured and unpinned this topic