Open Question About Movies

mererdog

• 2 months later...
How often do you watch movies that you expect to dislike?

Rarely, but then I just paid $7 to watch the Reno 911 DVD becuase it was half price and then after I got it home I realized the reason I didn't see it at the movies was because I didn't want to waste $7 to see it. Me dumb sometimes..I guess thats not a secret around here anymore lol

Rarely, but then I just paid $7 to watch the Reno 911 DVD becuase it was half price and then after I got it home I realized the reason I didn't see it at the movies was because I didn't want to waste $7 to see it. Me dumb sometimes..I guess thats not a secret around here anymore lol

(point) <snicker>

awww, but we wuvz u anyway :coffee:

• 4 months later...

I judge every movie by what I want to spend to see it. There are about 3-4 movies average per year I want to spend $30 for me and the wife (with popcorn & drinks) to actually see in the theater. Another 3-4 we'll rent (and one of those gets bought if it's a favorite). Anything else I'll wait to see on TV a couple of years down the road - we're pretty patient.

But a direct answer to the question: rarely, and only if it's on free TV and there isn't anything on. Then I'll DVR it and watch it sometime when the wife is sleeping. I've been pleasently surprised more than once - last one that surprised me was "The Butterfly Effect". :cool:

I love good movies, the best being the one's critics say aren't any good. My rule of thumb is that if a critic pans a film I usually love it.

Car chase movies are the best, most notably those from the 70's like Dirty Mary Crazy Larry, Vanishing Point, Gone in 60 Seconds...I'm a die hard Mopar Freak, meaning I have a love affair with Dodge, Chrysler and Plymouth automobiles.

I just got a 2008 Charger Daytona R/T, and you wouldn't believe how many Mustangs want a piece of me, lol.

It's like the chase scene out of Bullit starring Steve McQueen.

I'm a movie junkie, it's television I don't like...commercials annoy me.

• 1 year later...
  • Amulet locked this topic