Open Question About Questions

mererdog

Same here. To me it's extremely private. Too many people cannot fathom the level of privacy I expect, but to me it's really simple.

Don't ask me about my money and I won't you (or your wife, if you're a man) if your breasts are fake or real.

Yes to me my finances just as private.

Anything that starts with "why". "Why" is a word that comes with many variables and more than one answer. It's usually asked by people who are looking for someone to blame and pass judgement on.
Hmmm. I usually ask "why" as a first step to figuring out how to either make sure that something doesn't happen again, or to make sure that something does happen again.

I don't like answering questions about my sex life. Just can't shake that Puritan heritage, I guess....

Any subject... where the answer might cause harm to people I care about or for.

The “why?” is that its necessary for me to be able to create a beneficial interaction on a foundation of mutual respect and trust for the individual. Both when it comes to being a professional at work (health care) as well as in personal relationships.

Apart from the code of ethic and moral issues... also because I really don't want them to :kimmy: me

Personally though... I'm not that sensitive about being questioned about any subject... but like Bluecat wrote “It depends a bit on who is asking and who is listening”

money. I don't ask ppl questions about it either.

I consider some subjects to be within the realm of one's personal business, & that's one of them.

talking about income, expenses, etc., is in bad taste.

I agree, money is the subject I don't talk about

anything else I am an open book

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
Myself...I can speak for hours on Buddhism and the Tao but I generally clam up when asked about myself personally

I can talk about money and most anything, but I too find it a challenge to talk about myself. I think it has a lot to do with my early studies in Buddhism and the Tao. I learned to be more self introspective, and hope people would know me by my actions rather than a convenient autobiography. What can a few words on paper describe about the richness of a being's life.

• 1 year later...
  • Amulet locked this topic