Sign in to follow this  
mererdog

Open Question About Questions

money. I don't ask ppl questions about it either.

I consider some subjects to be within the realm of one's personal business, & that's one of them.

talking about income, expenses, etc., is in bad taste.

Same here. To me it's extremely private. Too many people cannot fathom the level of privacy I expect, but to me it's really simple.

Don't ask me about my money and I won't you (or your wife, if you're a man) if your breasts are fake or real.

Yes to me my finances just as private.

Anything that starts with "why". "Why" is a word that comes with many variables and more than one answer. It's usually asked by people who are looking for someone to blame and pass judgement on.

Anything that starts with "why". "Why" is a word that comes with many variables and more than one answer. It's usually asked by people who are looking for someone to blame and pass judgement on.
Hmmm. I usually ask "why" as a first step to figuring out how to either make sure that something doesn't happen again, or to make sure that something does happen again.

I don't like answering questions about my sex life. Just can't shake that Puritan heritage, I guess....

I have been reprimanded in the past for being a bit too frank - someone asked me an unexpected question and I gave a natural answer.

It depends a bit who is asking and who is listening.

Any subject... where the answer might cause harm to people I care about or for.

The “why?” is that its necessary for me to be able to create a beneficial interaction on a foundation of mutual respect and trust for the individual. Both when it comes to being a professional at work (health care) as well as in personal relationships.

Apart from the code of ethic and moral issues... also because I really don't want them to :kimmy: me

Personally though... I'm not that sensitive about being questioned about any subject... but like Bluecat wrote “It depends a bit on who is asking and who is listening”

money. I don't ask ppl questions about it either.

I consider some subjects to be within the realm of one's personal business, & that's one of them.

talking about income, expenses, etc., is in bad taste.

I agree, money is the subject I don't talk about

anything else I am an open book

I have no fear of asking any question but I do draw the line at asking any question that it is not necessary for me to have an answer to. The reason I ask questions is to get the person to look at the answer but I mostly don't care what the subject of that answer is. I do ask under privileged rules.

I'm generally an open book. Though if I don't know you I may clam up a bit. The more I know you the more comfortable I am with sharing information about myself. I can't really think of a subject that I wouldn't talk about with someone. It has more to do with whose asking than what the subject matter is.

Myself...I can speak for hours on Buddhism and the Tao but I generally clam up when asked about myself personally

I can talk about money and most anything, but I too find it a challenge to talk about myself. I think it has a lot to do with my early studies in Buddhism and the Tao. I learned to be more self introspective, and hope people would know me by my actions rather than a convenient autobiography. What can a few words on paper describe about the richness of a being's life.

Things that are more personal than we have a precedent for. After I share something, you can ask about similar things, but before then I haven't made it your business.