Open Question About Desserts

mererdog

• 4 months later...

Rocky Road Ice Cream (insert Homer Simpson guttural sounds). There is something decadent about the tactile and taste experience of smooth not-too-cold chocolate ice cream containing almonds and marshmallows, topped with whipped cream and shaved chocolate pieces. Throw in a big slice of warm Dutch Apple Pie to complete the ecstasy!

I was sure I was gonna answer warm homemade pecan pie with whipped cream on top with a cup of nice hot Irish coffee until I read pizza & now it's a toss up between the pecan pie & a NY pizza (I mean real NY pizza like from the village...not just NY style from any other state). I guess it would depend on my mood...salty or sweet....mmmmmmmm :lick:

Ok, now I gotta drive up to NY for some pizza & a tall, cold beer.

{sniff, sniff, sniff} yeah, I smell a road trip coming up. :lol:

Pizza and beer for desert? I can see the beer, but...... :rolleyes:

Well I had pecan pie in my mind but someone mentioned pizza & it's been so long that I had a good slice of pizza that I would trade my sweet dessert calories for a slice of pizza. :lick: yummy, hot, cheesy pizza, chewy extra cheese pizza with thin crunchy crust...mmmmm :wub:

Back in the day, I would have had beer before my dinner, pizza, pecan pie & the Irish coffee, but the metabolism isn't that quick anymore & I don't want to get big as the house. :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

Key Lime!! I can't believe no one else said that. :( I have heard good things about green tomato pie, but haven't gotten to try one.

I used to make a pie that consisted of meringue and folded whipped cream flavored with KahlĂșa in a chocolate cookie crust. This thread is making me want to find that recipe again.

I think I have a similar recipe, but for Baileys Irish Creme. (I have a Baileys cookbook....)

• 1 year later...