Current Mood

Stormson

can I really rule the neck with just three silmple secrets?

I guess that depends on what it means to "rule the neck"

With a liberal enough interpretation, I suppose it could be done with one simple technique that wouldn't necessarily have to be a secret.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arpeggios?

I was thinking more along the lines of ruling the way a king rules, that is, commanding something to perform to the limits of it's ability. You could place a guitar on a stand and command it to be still, and in essence, you've ruled it.

Some might interpret "ruling an instrument" as mastering the ability to play it. Unfortunately, it takes a bit more than three simple lessons to rule an instrument in that manner.

Or in this manner (which is that manner): Django Reinhardt NYC Festival 2004 - Sweet Georgia Brown

I was thinking more along the lines of ruling the way a king rules, that is, commanding something to perform to the limits of it's ability. You could place a guitar on a stand and command it to be still, and in essence, you've ruled it.

Some might interpret "ruling an instrument" as mastering the ability to play it. Unfortunately, it takes a bit more than three simple lessons to rule an instrument in that manner.

Or in this manner (which is that manner): Django Reinhardt NYC Festival 2004 - Sweet Georgia Brown

there was an advertisement embedded in the video, when you first posted the song "Capricho Arabe", that claimed to teach me to "rule the neck" instantly, with three simple secrets. Obviously this is not your site - http://www.guitarcontrol.com/.

three simple things I have learned...hmm...one would be arpeggios, also drop tuning, and big speakers..also callouses, you'll need those..

there was an advertisement embedded in the video, when you first posted the song "Capricho Arabe", that claimed to teach me to "rule the neck" instantly, with three simple secrets.

Yes, I knew what you were refering to, my response was a joke about it.

Obviously this is not your site - http://www.guitarcontrol.com/.

Nope, I'm happy to say that I'm not connected to that site in any way. I'm a firm believer in truth in advertising - something that site seems to be lacking.

three simple things I have learned...hmm...one would be arpeggios, also drop tuning, and big speakers..also callouses, you'll need those..

I used to teach guitar, and what I found is that different things work for different people. There's only one thing that always works for everyone, and in fact, is necessary for everyone: practice.

Here's a guy who's had a bit of that -

• 3 weeks later...