My Son Aaron

lammkb

Hi everyone, I know its been a while since I have been here. My son Aaron has been very ill since March of last year (really before that) that is when his hospital stays started. Any way, tests are conclusive he has Achalasia and either dialation or surgery is needed. We are hoping for surgery its more permenant than dialation. The surgeon and DARS will decide. I am asking for prayers, to get this going he hasn't been able to keep food down for abt. 5 days now. He has been regurgitating food since before Christmas but he was able to keep some food down.

Thanks

Kathy

Hi everyone, I know its been a while since I have been here. My son Aaron has been very ill since March of last year (really before that) that is when his hospital stays started. Any way, tests are conclusive he has Achalasia and either dialation or surgery is needed. We are hoping for surgery its more permenant than dialation. The surgeon and DARS will decide. I am asking for prayers, to get this going he hasn't been able to keep food down for abt. 5 days now. He has been regurgitating food since before Christmas but he was able to keep some food down.

Thanks

Kathy

My father had Achalasia with his esophageal cancer, I know the horror of watching the struggle, My heart goes out to you and your son, I do hope the doctors find a solution for him soon. I assume he has a feeding tube in place by now and i hope he is keeping his weight up. Y'all are in my thoughts and prayers.

My father had Achalasia with his esophageal cancer, I know the horror of watching the struggle, My heart goes out to you and your son, I do hope the doctors find a solution for him soon. I assume he has a feeding tube in place by now and i hope he is keeping his weight up. Y'all are in my thoughts and prayers.

Aaron doesn't have a feeding tube thank goodness. At first they didn't know what his problem was and it took him going without food and liquid for a as long as 10-14 days before they would put him in hospital and botox that may last a month or two. Then it starts up up again.

He goes Wed. to see another doctor to discuss what procedure to do. either balloon or surgery. I had to beg for that early appointment they wanted to put him off until the 28. It wasn't until I told him he hasn't been able to keep anything down for 5 days that they gave him Wed. appointment

Aaron doesn't have a feeding tube thank goodness. At first they didn't know what his problem was and it took him going without food and liquid for a as long as 10-14 days before they would put him in hospital and botox that may last a month or two. Then it starts up up again.

He goes Wed. to see another doctor to discuss what procedure to do. either balloon or surgery. I had to beg for that early appointment they wanted to put him off until the 28. It wasn't until I told him he hasn't been able to keep anything down for 5 days that they gave him Wed. appointment

these days so often the doctor has no idea of the scheduling problems people face when they are in need, a person is in charge of appointments and most have no medical training nor do they schedule on a "Need" basis, it is a sad state of American doctors offices.

My Dad was given a feeding tube (surgically implanted in his stomach and there was an external port, hidden under his shirt and he hooked it up a few times a day. If your son gets too malnourished due to this problem this might be a temporary solution while they find the permanent solution, so he can regain some strength.

Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers

Sorry it has taken so long to get back to everyone. Aaron was put in the hospital last Weds. He had surgery yesterday. They cut his esophagus so that food can pass through to his stomach it was an 1 3/4 hour long surgery he was in recovery room for 3 hrs. He had a rough night but hopefully he can come home in a few days. Thank you for all your prayers and healing thoughts.

Sorry it has taken so long to get back to everyone. Aaron was put in the hospital last Weds. He had surgery yesterday. They cut his esophagus so that food can pass through to his stomach it was an 1 3/4 hour long surgery he was in recovery room for 3 hrs. He had a rough night but hopefully he can come home in a few days. Thank you for all your prayers and healing thoughts.

wonderful news

hope this puts him on the road to recovery

still in my thoughts and prayers

My prayers to you, your son, and the family, Im glad he is doing better, I havent been on on awhile and was not aware of this. I will keep you all in my prayers and say a special one tonight. I know you have gone through alot but with Gods help and the prayers of your friends things will get better.

• Amulet locked this topic