A New Earth

Anybody following this?

Acouple of weeks ago a friend of mine (hi kathie!), offered to send me a new book if i promised to read it.

"Sure." i said.

Then she went on to tell me about this huge on line discussion that would be taking place with "class" every monday for 10 weeks (starting yesterday) on Oprah.com

Well, right away the "O"- word had me skeptical about the whole thing so I decided not to even open the book at that point, but, I choked on it and watched the "class" to find out if this guy and 700,000 other people were really serious about the whole thing.

So now i gotta tell ya, man, this guy is cool.

Without actually coming out and saying it, his principles and "ideas" pretty much mirror (so far) the whole concept that I had of the ULC. and needless to say, most of my own philosiphy and reasoning for joining this fine organization to begin with.

So i guess i will read the book now.

From what i gather after seeing the broadcast is that it may be a bit of a benefit to be able to share thoughts and opinions about this book in a more "personable" setting than 700,000 people in classroom the size of Earth, so, if anyone else is reading or has read this book and would like to form a "discussion cell", lets do it...Im in.

This is the same guy who wrote "The Power Of Now" about 13 years ago if that means anything to ya.

Anyway, this book again is called "A New Earth" by Eckhart Tolle, and promises to be fascinating.

Check it out on monday nights (and you can still see last nights broadcast on Oprah.com, too!)

ps.

And even though im sure she trying to fill me full ah er trying to pull my leg a couple of times, Oprah was surprisingly simple to get along with also...

Cool.

Good Luck and Roses.

:victory:

AT8FATES

Hes a very eloquent speaker too, check it out!

and, hows it going fawzo?

been a few...

Been doing great and I hope you have been as well.

Great to cya again.

One of his books I did via audiobook and the weird sounds he made breathing and laughing was kind of odd.

A New Earth has been out a while. I guess Oprah got to it a bit late. Better late than never.

I liked A New Earth, but The Power of Now is phenomenal. For me it was life altering, but I don't expect everyone to have this experience. My wife can't finish The Power of Now or A New Earth as they bore her silly. Ah, to each his, or her, own. :)

One of his books I did via audiobook and the weird sounds he made breathing and laughing was kind of odd.

lol yeah hes got a pretty heavy accent... :shift:

Im not sure how well my wife is taking it either...

eventually though, eventually...

• Amulet locked this topic