Day Of Awakening

plurge

My wifes mother had a massive heart attack Saturday night at 6:15. She is current at a hospital 150 miles away from where we live (she was visiting friends). My wife drove up last night and came back around 3 this morning and I drove up with her today and back. She is currently under a cooling device to keep her body at 90 degrees so that her heart has a chance to gain its strength. The will start to "thaw" her at 11:15 tomorrow which is a 6 to 12 hour process and will try to awaken her. We don't know how much damage the few minutes of her being out has caused her brain. My wife is driving back up to the Hospital tomorrow evening and is hoping that she will be there when her Mom wakes up. Please, give your thoughts to her over the next day or two so. thank you all. (Her name is Connie in case you wish to add a name to your prayer).

We had to make the worst decision of our lives today. After talking with the doctor, radiologist, Neurologist, and radiologist it was apparent that the heart attack did irreparable damage to her brain and that there was 0% chance of living a productive life. My wife and I, after much debate decided that this was the appropriate time. Connie's brain has swollen far beyond the point of return and at 4:15 today we decided to take her off of life support. I had to leave the hospital to bring back our two kids and Connie's father while my wife stayed behind to see that Connie is not alone during her passing. Funny thing is that her heart, even after suffering a massive heart attack, is performing at nearly 100% its capacity and her lungs are still breathing on its own. Its a waiting game I guess but we think that within the next 24 hours she will pass. We spent 4 days of wishful thinking and hoping for the best but tests have shown that the damage sustained at the time of the incident had permanent effects. Thank you for your prayers, please continue to make sure that Connie gets to where she needs to go and that her death is peaceful as we can already tell that its still on her terms.

My prayers and condolences go out to you and your family.

I got a call this morning a very close friend I have known since she was in elementary school back in the early 80's.

I was just trashing the medical industry yesterday, and low and behold she tells me her mom went into the emergency room and they told her she had gas, didn't run any test on her, and sent her home at 2am in the morning. Last night she went into ICU, apparently she had a hole where bile leaked out and made her toxic for the last two days!!! She have a 50% chance of living at the this point, so please share the prayers...her name is Leilani and when my parents gave up on me they took me in with no questions asked (they are what I believe to be true christians). They fed me, housed me, educated me, and most of all they loved me in a way my parents were incapable of helping to grow and stay out of prison ~smiles~. She is like a second mom too me.

Michelle just lost her brother a couple years ago at the age of 37 leaving behind a daughter which Michelle now raises, so this is very hard on her.

I will pray for you and yours, as I hope we all pray for each other....

• Amulet locked this topic