The Ulc Radio Show

MatthewMaiden

Hey,

Been working on a radio program for the ULC and this morning was the first show. An interview with Murph.

You can check it out here:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/ulcradio

I will have another link up for it over at:

www.ulcradio.com

The show with Murph was great.

If you guys have any ideas for the show please let me know as this thing is evolving.

Thanks

Matt

Not bad. I'd have liked to hear more about who Murph is on a personal level, and how that effects his involvement with the church. I would also have liked to hear more about what religious beliefs he has found to be "right for him", and what sort of journey he's taken to come to believe that way. I'd have also liked to get more of an idea of what his work as an admin actually entails on a day to day basis. You mentioned a future ability to take calls, which will be a good addition, but you might also want to consider using the forum to solicit questions and comments. The chat feature seems well suited to doing that during a live feed.

Panel discussions on topics like tolerance, religious freedom, government regulation of religion, and the like would seem to have promise. If you could get a lawyer or three to do audience Q&As about marriage laws, liability insurance, confidentiality, use of honorary degrees, and tax issues, that should generate a lot of interest and be very helpful to a lot of people. An essay series on "what my ULC ordination has done for me" might be fun and food for thought, as might a series where people read excerpts from their favorite inspirational works. Profiles on ULC ministries and congregations highlighting ways the church empowers people to help their communities would be good. An open pulpit/open mic feature once in a while might also get some good results. Taking two ULC ministers from widely divergent faiths and having them discuss their commonalities could make for a good show. Lots of potential. :thumbu:

Edited by mererdog

mererdog thank you for your input. I really appreciate it and I agree with you.

Actually, your suggestions are in line with my initial ideas for this program.

Educational for ULC members.

“If you could get a lawyer or three to do audience Q&As about marriage laws, liability insurance, confidentiality, use of honorary degrees, and tax issues, that should generate a lot of interest and be very helpful to a lot of people.”

Informative for non-ULC listeners.

“Panel discussions on topics like tolerance, religious freedom, government regulation of religion, and the like would seem to have promise.”

Entertaining for all.

“An essay series on "what my ULC ordination has done for me" might be fun

and food for thought, as might a series where people read excerpts from their favorite inspirational works.”

I had a few pages of notes to ask Murph about his duties as an admin and running the forum but being that this was my first show I just went where the spirit took us if you will :)

I did not want to pry into Murph's personal life any more than he was willing to volunteer. He was very generous and this was all set up on just a couple private messages. He had no outline, no demo recording, and no communication outside of this board.

A very BIG THANK YOU Murph!

p.s. No pushing political agendas. Name calling of any elected official. General disrespect towards any elected official. Endorsing candidates or elected officials.

Edited by Matthew

Another good host is Talkshoe.com. Not only do they have call numbers, but they have a builtin text chat room for the call. The amount of callers is relatively unlimited(one show had 250(?) callers in his show). If you were looking toward the revenue side you get a fixed amount for the first 10 shows you do of $50(ie guaranteed that amount for the first shows, ie $5 an show). The only reason I suggest it is I've heard from people that that BlogTalkRadio has on occasion deleted episodes or even entire shows. Usually without explanation or ability to fix something before they delete it.

commanche thank you for that info. I went there and signed up under ulcradio in case I need to move over there or find that I like it better.

I'm still learning about the workings at Blogtalk and they do have a live call-in switchboard but only four callers including the guest.

I will be downloading and storing the shows on my hard drive so that we always have them.

Now a question about scheduled times and length of shows, should I conduct a poll to find out when everyone would like to hear the show? Sunday nights seem to be pretty popular over at Blogtalk but I'm willing to go with what the members here want since it is for them. I would like most folks to have a chance to call in if they wanted.

Thanks again.

Now a question about scheduled times and length of shows, should I conduct a poll to find out when everyone would like to hear the show? Sunday nights seem to be pretty popular over at Blogtalk but I'm willing to go with what the members here want since it is for them. I would like most folks to have a chance to call in if they wanted.
I'd be willing to bet that Murph can tell you what times the forum has the most traffic, which would seem like a good starting point. A poll can't hurt, though. :thumbu:

Hey,

Been working on a radio program for the ULC and this morning was the first show. An interview with Murph.

You can check it out here:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/ulcradio

I will have another link up for it over at:

www.ulcradio.com

The show with Murph was great.

If you guys have any ideas for the show please let me know as this thing is evolving.

Thanks

Matt

Very interesting. Thank you.

Edited to add: I also found it interesting that Murph advanced the notion that religion should or does evolve with the times.....that same argument could be said for or against the Constitution being a living, breathing document....

Edited by Hooka

OMG murph you have an opinion! you should be shot!

My favorite part of the program was finding out Murphz wasn't an opinionless droid but actually seemed to be an intelligent, reasoning human. I thought it was a shame he doesn't have more input in the threads.

Without video though I'm still a wee bit skeptical

• Amulet locked and unpinned this topic