Deep

The excited student said “Did you hear Master Honshu? Master Yi at the southern temple died in a fire last night. They say he was in such a deep meditation he did not notice the flames. What powerful concentration!” “What stupidity”, replied Master Honshu.

The excited student said “Did you hear Master Honshu? Master Yi at the southern temple died in a fire last night. They say he was in such a deep meditation he did not notice the flames. What powerful concentration!” “What stupidity”, replied Master Honshu.

Yes. I agree. "What stupidity."

Awareness! Even while in a meditative state.

Peace & Love!

I guess it just depends on one's perspective.

There are times when I meditate that I wear earplugs and cover my eyes and try to turn off as many senses as possible to enjoy the bliss as long and as deep as I can, not even caring if the house burned down or burglars broke in and robbed me.

So I guess the Master still living can look down upon the corpse and say such stupidity, but I also see the Master who has transformed to the other side looking down on his associates and saying stupid mortals if they only knew.

I think if either were truly enlightened the judgment of the words stupidity would not leave their lips.

I think if either were truly enlightened the judgment of the words stupidity would not leave their lips.

Oh Yeah? You calling me unenlightened? Hehehe.

How about if I change it from stupidity to unnecessarily reckless?

No, on second thought I will stick with stupidity. Hehehe.

Peace & Love!

Oh Yeah? You calling me unenlightened? Hehehe.

How about if I change it from stupidity to unnecessarily reckless?

No, on second thought I will stick with stupidity. Hehehe.

Peace & Love!

But Master I have not called you anything. It is your own mind which holds this conversation with you.

I have only offered my lowly outlook on the parable.

But if I were so bold and foolish to wrongly judge you as unenlightened and offered it to you as a gift, if you do not receive it, is it not still mine to carry all the days of my life. :smart:

A question for my Taoist, Buddhist and Zen brothers and sisters?

Who is your favorite Author?

I drool whenever I get my hands on an OSHO book.

Somehow each one I read by him seems better than the last. Right now I'm reading "The Buddha Said..." my all time fav!

Edited by Fawzo

I think that is called having a wee bit too much rice wine. :coffee:

But Master I have not called you anything. It is your own mind which holds this conversation with you.

I have only offered my lowly outlook on the parable.

But if I were so bold and foolish to wrongly judge you as unenlightened and offered it to you as a gift, if you do not receive it, is it not still mine to carry all the days of my life. :smart:

Ha! But it was you who judged my judgement thereby holding to something that was uttered by my lips.

We all do judge, you know.

And if the gift you have offered is not accepted then who's is the gift to hold? No on's. It has fallen on infertile soil; never to germinate and bloom.

Kinda' like pissing in the wind. Hehehe.

'Tis true that a combat needs be conducted between two combatants, but, if one does not choose to engage in combat that one may still die from a blow from the sword.

Peace & Love!

A question for my Taoist, Buddhist and Zen brothers and sisters?

Who is your favorite Author?

I would say that Chuang Tzu is my favorite. He speaks from the Manifest and the Mystery at the same time. He loved the observable reality but always envisioned a more complete existance in spirituality.

Peace & Love!

Ha! But it was you who judged my judgement thereby holding to something that was uttered by my lips.

Actually I was judging the judgement of the Masters with the words "their lips" only because they aren't here to defend themselves. :inno:

We all do judge, you know.

Did you just infer I had the intelligence and awareness of a sea slug :kimmy:

And if the gift you have offered is not accepted then who's is the gift to hold? No on's. It has fallen on infertile soil; never to germinate and bloom.

Heck no! I just hand it to the next dumbass that walks by :fear: not to imply that you are such!

Kinda' like pissing in the wind. Hehehe.

:lick:

'Tis true that a combat needs be conducted between two combatants, but, if one does not choose to engage in combat that one may still die from a blow from the sword.

Peace & Love!

You have to catch me first! :fear:

My favorite authors are the ones that send the raindrops, snowflakes, and the water flowing. It has been said that if you learn to read those, everything else is superfluous...

Yes I have tried to read those but the Barnes and Noble was closed due to flooding!

Sorry for being a wise ** but I do understand what you mean.

My serious question though is can that be considered reading or is it more just being. When I encounter an object in life should I be reading it or being one with it. Do I have to read it to become one with it?

When I encounter an object in life should I be reading it or being one with it. Do I have to read it to become one with it?

But aren't we already at one with it all? Isn't it simply a matter of removing the separtation (which really does not exist save for in our mind)?

Peace & Love!

But aren't we already at one with it all? Isn't it simply a matter of removing the separtation (which really does not exist save for in our mind)?

Peace & Love!

Exactly!

So it isn't reading at all but more like unreading!

Now what do you purpose was the purpose of hiding or forgetting in the first place?

Oh. Haven't we hidden the fact that we are just another species of animal on this planet and really not anything special? Haven't we forgotten that we are a social animal and we are supposed to be working for the welfare of the group? Haven't we forgotten that having personal possessions is not the goal in life but rather to live life to its fullest is the primary goal?

Haven't we forgotten that we are supposed to feel all our emotions, experience them fully in the moment. then let them pass? Not holding on to yesterday nor striving for something in the future but rather just doing the best we can in the moment?

Working when there is something that needs be done and resting when the work is done?

So many things, Fawzo. So far we have drifted from the ways of enjoying the true beauty of living.

We set so many artificial goals for our life that have little or no meaning and we work so hard trying to accomplish those goals that we forget to live according to our true nature.

Personal desires of wealth and fame. And we end up never having been truely loved nor truely love anyone save ourself.

Peace & Love!

Oh. Haven't we hidden the fact that we are just another species of animal on this planet and really not anything special? Haven't we forgotten that we are a social animal and we are supposed to be working for the welfare of the group? Haven't we forgotten that having personal possessions is not the goal in life but rather to live life to its fullest is the primary goal?

Haven't we forgotten that we are supposed to feel all our emotions, experience them fully in the moment. then let them pass? Not holding on to yesterday nor striving for something in the future but rather just doing the best we can in the moment?

Working when there is something that needs be done and resting when the work is done?

So many things, Fawzo. So far we have drifted from the ways of enjoying the true beauty of living.

We set so many artificial goals for our life that have little or no meaning and we work so hard trying to accomplish those goals that we forget to live according to our true nature.

Personal desires of wealth and fame. And we end up never having been truely loved nor truely love anyone save ourself.

Peace & Love!

I enjoyed the post but my question is why have we forgotten our true nature and desired to be human in the first place?

• Amulet locked this topic