Texts, Writings, Etc.

which ones hold the most meaning to you?

Neither. The only things that have meaning to me are the things I project that meaning onto.

The things I hold sacred are life and love.

Texts and ceremonies I see as tools to help me focus and lead a life of love.

A quote from Chuang Tzu.

"The purpose of a fish trap is to catch fish, and when the fish are caught, the trap is forgotten. The purpose of a rabbit snare is to catch rabbits. When the rabbits are caught, the snare is forgotten. The purpose of words is to convey ideas. When the ideas are grasped, the words are forgotten. Where can I find a man who has forgotten words? He is the one I would like to talk with."

Peace & Love!

which ones hold the most meaning to you?
Usually, it's the ones that catch me by surprise with unexpected depth. Finding something truly profound in a comic book will effect me on a much more real level than will finding the same thing in a religious tome or work of philosophy. I'm not completely sure why that is true, but it is true.

• 4 weeks later...

The ones that hit the spot when I need them most.

Sometimes the most inspiring moments can come from the most unlikely of places. I had an epiphany from watching the Matrix (the first one). I saw it as a metaphor for organized religions and how they try to spoon feed us what they want us to see and believe while keeping us in the dark.

• Amulet locked this topic