Loving God

Question.

Would a loving God ever reject people who love?

Well depends on what kind of love he exhibited. In the Greek we have Phileo (brotherly love), Eros (erotic love) and Agape (selfless love).

If we anthropomorphisize human love onto him anything is possible.

If he is a God of agape love, as I believe, then your answer is no. He couldn't and wouldn't even reject those who hate, murder and even torture others.

Edited by Fawzo
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I agree with you Heart of Fire... We cannot understand the term love in a very humanly fashion. However, we can understand love towards G-d as a lover do. Since the Scriptures have to speak the language of men in order to make us understand, we can direct our loving thoughts towards G-d and feel inspired with His Great Might and Awe! When one feel it and know it, the feeling of love will come to him.

As to the question will G-d 'reject' loves, I would say no. If you love HaShem (G-d) with all your heart and soul as well as whole-heartedly, HaShem will gladly accept you and guide you as his children. Love between HaShem and His creations is almost comparable to love between parents and their children. However, if you direct lust towards HaShem, I think this will be counted as a perversion as G-d is not human nor your spouse!

In the Sanatana Dharma there is a school of spiritual devotion called Bhakti Yoga. In said school we convert our human love into love for God.

We learn to love God as we love our Mother or Father; as a Mother or Father loves his/her child; as a servant loves his/her good master; as a lover loves his/her beloved; as a husband or wife loves his/her spouse. It is said that God receives all these forms of love as special offerings to Him/Her if offered with sincerity and faith.

The Beloved One says, "Whatever I am offered in devotion with a pure heart -- a leaf, a flower, fruit, or water -- I partake of that love offering. Whatever you do, make it an offering to me..." (Srimad Bhagavad Gita 9:26-27). :)

Hermano Luis

Moriviví Hermitage

Mi Hermano,

Tu hablas verdad. Gracias por este regalo mas hermoso. :clap2:

The only thing we need do is recognize God in everyone and love one another. Even the tortured soul that commits heinous and vicious crimes is created of God for a purpose. We can not always see the purpose for the failings of our self-centered fears and prejudices, but it is there regardless.

"...And now abideth faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest. of these is love"

When we love God truly, we will love each other completely

When we love each other completely, we love God fully.

• Amulet locked this topic