More Amerika

• Administrator
Maybe Im missing something?? The MJ is ok but this wasn't?

Just because you are not included in the discussion does not mean it is not being discussed. It is.

I should remind everyone that criticizing the mod team is sort of like self destruction. Bro. Kevin does not have the time to manage the forum himself and that is why he has asked Murph to do so. Murph, the admins and mods are all volunteers and as such could easily decide that hearing the criticism is now outweighing the satisfaction of giving their time to the forum. If that were to happen then the forum would cease to exist. Simply follow the few rules and we can all have productive discussions. Choose not to and the entire forum suffers.

I now return you to your fantasy world.

Oh, yeah - I know how they operate here.

Cowards.

~ That's sorta snotty isn't it? :dntknw:

No one has to pay to play in this sandbox that someone else does pay for.

The people that try to keep it a nice sandbox are called names?

You can call me a coward, I usually am. I often flee from conflict. I know myself.

But to lable every 'they' that operates here? :unsure:

You owe an apology Phil...

That wasn't nice & you should say 'Sorry." :friends:

You're right.

I'm sorry, Mods. Sorry, Admins. Sorry, everyone.

But please don't bring up the "pay for" thing, OK? I own several sites - it isn't that expensive, even figuring in the amount of bandwidth this place probably needs. I'm not saying it's a moot point, but it isn't a strong negotiation tool either. If they were truly concerned with finances and needed to fund the site, they could have Google ads on every page. That would more than pay for hosting and maintenance. Hell, if they're THAT bad off, I'LL pay for the bloody thing.

And keeping it a "nice" sandbox is relative. A hard-core occultist might wish to see all the Christian members banned, as most Christians probably wish I'd just go away. In catering to everyone, as I think you realize, you create headaches for yourself and please no one. My nasty comment was pointed at a general "you all" - in my POV, when a post that contains only gentle poking is treated like TNT, with no explanation, then that's equivalent to sending spam - unsigned, unacknowledged and definitely NOT honorable. When there's no explanation, imaginations (and the rumor mill) run amok. I felt I was chastised because I mentioned Kevin's name, and felt that if he couldn't "take" some ribbing, then something is wrong somewhere in the system.

I understand how the management here works - I was simply venting my anger at the system. I have no ax to grind with anyone here.

Except maybe Camelflogged, but he already knows that and hides from me a lot. -_-

in my POV, when a post that contains only gentle poking is treated like TNT, with no explanation, then that's equivalent to sending spam - unsigned, unacknowledged and definitely NOT honorable.

Humm it took you less time to post a reply about it being removed (1 minute) then it would for a Me (yep, i was the one) to write a PM explaining that the post broke the long standing rules with links and verbatim quotes as to why. That tends to take more then a minute. When i went to get a link for the PM, i seen your snide comment and didn't bother sending it becuase you had already made up your mind as to what you thought was happening regardless of the actual cicumstances and referred it over to the real King, King Murph. ;)

Oh and as to the cost, yeah it is prob. about $500 a year to get the software lis. and pay for the hosting, but ya know what? Kevin doesn't have to pay for it. If you don't like the rules that you agreed to, you are more then welcome to leave and start your own forum.

post-189-1193837554.jpg

• Administrator
Thank you, Mark. At least someone cares enough to post their reasoning.

It's just a shame that some others can't accept criticism, even in a jesting vein.

"Do What Is Right"

I have been horribly wrong and guilty before. I had seen posts that I considered blatantly violated the rules, deleted it without explanation thinking the poster knew the err of his ways and that no explanation would be necessary, only to discover that I had totally misread the post. Well, my mind was in a gutter somewhere at the time I read it, and after reading it again a day later I could then see what the poster actually meant. Talk about egg on my face... you couldn't see my eyes for the yokes....

Nothing can change the fact that I am human and make more than my share of mistakes. I can't help to believe that most of the other mods and admins are also human.

• Administrator

And at the very extreme risk of people think I'm trying to shut down conversation, I'm going to close this thread. Mistakes were made on many sides here, and I think further beating things down is just detrimental to the forum as a whole.

Not to bring privacy issues into light here, but Phil and I had a very long talk yesterday about what had happened. Mistakes were made on both sides of the field, and it was by random chance that things went the way they did. It could have just as easily been blown off.

let's not continue this. Please?