Could Sin Just Be Ignorance?

Fawzo

The following quotes I've chosen to represent my belief that (Christ, Buddha, insert favorite deity here) consciouness is already inside us all and it is

only our ignorance of this fact and our identification with the egoic self that keeps us from realizing and acting as such.

And before anyone gets their panties all twisted in a knot, I know there are probably 6 gawdzillion scriptures to contradict this. Just maybe because they were written by someones egoic self.

I would also like to see any other verses by other faith's scripture that correspond with the following:

Various Biblical statements

...that ye have put off the old man with his doings, 10 and have put on the new man, that is being renewed unto knowledge after the image of him that created him: 11 where there cannot be Greek and Jew, circumcision and uncircumcision, barbarian, Scythian, bondman, freeman; but Christ is all, and in all.

Col 3:9-11 (ASV)

And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so? 48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.Matt 5:47-48 (KJV)

20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: 21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within

Luke 17:20-21 (KJV)

Gospel of Thomas

3rd verse Jesus said: If those who lead you say to you: See, the kingdom is in heaven, then the birds of the heaven will go before you; if they say to you: It is in the sea, then the fish will go before you. But the kingdom is within you, and it is outside of you. When you know yourselves, then you will be known, and you will know that you are the sons of the living Father. But if you do not know yourselves, then you are in poverty, and you are poverty.

77th verse Jesus says: "I am the light which is on them all. I am the All, and the All has gone out from me and the All has come back to me. Cleave the wood: I am there; lift the stone and thou shalt find me there!" 83rd verse. Jesus says: "Images are visible to man, but the light which is in them is hidden. In the image of the light of the Father, it <this light> will be revealed, and his image will be veiled by his light."

Gospel of Mary Magdelene

Page 8 verse 15-22 Be vigilant, and allow no one to mislead you by saying "Here its is!" or 'There it is!" For it is within you that the Son of Man dwells.

Go to him, for those who seek him, find him.

A special thanks to tannhaus!

Sometimes. Probably most of the time. But I dont think it is always.

Generally, once I realize something Im doing hurts someone else, I feel guilty and stop doing it.

But I have done things to people anyway that have hurt them in some way because I justified it to myself. Mostly I always came to regret it. But at the time I sinned, I knew it was wrong to do what I was doing.

SWEET! I love Nag Hammadi codices! Jesus in Gnostic teachings was exactly as you say; He was trying to teach us that God is free and everyone can be as the priest and have a direct line of communication to God. Jesus often humbled himself before people even in the conventional Bible saying it is but for his father and not him that all things happen.

325 years Christianity hid underground teaching and gaining strength. Constantine being the wise leader he knew that if he made Christianity the state religion it would slow down the violence within Roman borders, and then Christians could become soldiers in the Roman Army, thereby beefing up their front lines which had been getting battered by Germanic Galls and such.

The first thing Constantine did when he took over Christianity (The Holy Roman Catholic Church) was make it as paganistic as possible. He also sent out his armies to destroy any Christian sect that didn't fit within Constantine's orthodoxy that he created by showering priest with enormous wealths.

The monks and teachers of numerous sects of Christianity were murdered, if this is so then there must be truth within the Nag Hammadi texts and it needed to be crushed, especially if everyone could have a direct line to the Holy Spirit.

To answer the original question "sin" would fall under stupidity because ignorance is not knowing better, stupidity is knowing better but doing the opposit anyway.

Love,

Adam

Edited by Wizard Adam

• Amulet locked this topic