~ Recognizing Movies By Music...

Qryos

~ I'm on the comp in a room where I can't see what's on the T.V. & so I find it fun to guess from what I hear.

I'm often wrong but often close.

Last night I heard the music & yelled out, "It's the one with the windmill & fly in the beginning! Fonda's the bad guy!"

... Yep, 'How the West was won.' {The only film where Henry Fonda portrayed a bad guy. & did it evilly great!}

How often could you get the right film with just the opening music or noise? Not seeing it. Just hearing it.

... This is a really goofy dumb topic, huh?

~ How about dating them?

It's pretty easy to date a movie by hair & clothing.

'Period' movies recreate such pretty well, including the music.

BUT, where & when the music is used in a film, background noises, different now than then.

Some are easier, 50s, 60s sci-fi by the woooEeeeyooo background, etc.

But generally, just by sound, no visual, could you date a movie?

~ I'm on the comp in a room where I can't see what's on the T.V. & so I find it fun to guess from what I hear.

I'm often wrong but often close.

Last night I heard the music & yelled out, "It's the one with the windmill & fly in the beginning! Fonda's the bad guy!"

... Yep, 'How the West was won.' {The only film where Henry Fonda portrayed a bad guy. & did it evilly great!}

How often could you get the right film with just the opening music or noise? Not seeing it. Just hearing it.

... This is a really goofy dumb topic, huh?

~ How about dating them?

It's pretty easy to date a movie by hair & clothing.

'Period' movies recreate such pretty well, including the music.

BUT, where & when the music is used in a film, background noises, different now than then.

Some are easier, 50s, 60s sci-fi by the woooEeeeyooo background, etc.

But generally, just by sound, no visual, could you date a movie?

I can guess who the actors are by the sound of their voice. I'm a movie freak. I also do great impersonations. :P

Not goofy or dumb Claire, I've just never noticed if I could do that or not. Mostly because, if the telly is on, it's just background noise, or someone else is watching, I don't pay that much attention to it. Most of the time I am having music piped directly into my brain. I'll have to unplug and see if I can figure out what the boys are watching upstairs by the tunes.