Charlie

Guest MickinEngland

Guest MickinEngland

CHARLIE by Mick

Charlie hated God.

Many years ago in his teens he'd been neutral, but as the years passed he'd looked at all the pain and suffering and destruction in the world and slowly decided he'd be an atheist because there couldn't be a God to let such things happen, and he threw himself into charity work, animal rights and environmental campaigning...

As the years slowly rolled by, his grandparents died, as did his aunts, uncles, and parents,some with painful illnesses,and his coldness towards God turned to sheer hatred.

Then, in his old age his beloved wife fell ill with a terminal illness and he tenderly nursed her for months before she too died.

Broken hearted, he himself died soon after, and found himself face to face with God, but as God smilingly held out his hand for him to take,Charlie backed away quickly saying - "Don't come near me! Where were you when my gran was riddled with cancer, I sat at her bedside day and night comforting her!

"And when my auntie had a stroke you deserted her too,but i travelled a hundred miles every day to visit her in the nursing home!

"And what about my dad, reduced to an empty shell of a man with Alzheimers, I called round every evening to tend to him,where were you then?

"And my darling wife withered away before my eyes, I saw to her every need in her final months because you weren't there!

"I gave my dying relatives and animals and the planet all the love and caring it was possible for me to give, but you just stood by doing nothing! What did you ever give them?"

And God, still smiling, softly replied- "I gave them you"...

-------------------------------------------------------------

Isaiah 6:8 - Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, 'Whom shall I send?..

And I said, 'Here am I. Send me!'"

earth.png

CHARLIE by Mick

Charlie hated God.

Many years ago in his teens he'd been neutral, but as the years passed he'd looked at all the pain and suffering and destruction in the world and slowly decided he'd be an atheist because there couldn't be a God to let such things happen, and he threw himself into charity work, animal rights and environmental campaigning...

As the years slowly rolled by, his grandparents died, as did his aunts, uncles, and parents,some with painful illnesses,and his coldness towards God turned to sheer hatred.

Then, in his old age his beloved wife fell ill with a terminal illness and he tenderly nursed her for months before she too died.

Broken hearted, he himself died soon after, and found himself face to face with God, but as God smilingly held out his hand for him to take,Charlie backed away quickly saying - "Don't come near me! Where were you when my gran was riddled with cancer, I sat at her bedside day and night comforting her!

"And when my auntie had a stroke you deserted her too,but i travelled a hundred miles every day to visit her in the nursing home!

"And what about my dad, reduced to an empty shell of a man with Alzheimers, I called round every evening to tend to him,where were you then?

"And my darling wife withered away before my eyes, I saw to her every need in her final months because you weren't there!

"I gave my dying relatives and animals and the planet all the love and caring it was possible for me to give, but you just stood by doing nothing! What did you ever give them?"

And God, still smiling, softly replied- "I gave them you"...

That's sweet! :wub:

And then what happened to dear, kind Charlie? Did he live happily ever after in Heaven with his family, to whom he was a gift, and of whom he took such loving care? :)

• Amulet locked this topic