Robert Jordan

For those of you who are Wheel of Time fans, I just wanted to let you know Robert Jordan passed away on Sept 16th.

The final book in the series was incomplete and as far as I can tell there is no rush from the publisher or his family to complete his works, right now. Of course, they may be discussing this as we all wait patiently.

Here is Robert Jordan's official blog with the most recent posting by his wife and fans regarding his passing and funeral.

*I did perform a search under "Robert Jordan" before posting this, in case this is a double post.

rj-pic07_lg.gif

James Oliver Rigney, Jr.

October 17, 1948 - September 16, 2007

"May you shelter in the palm of the Creator's hand, and may the last embrace of the mother welcome you home."

a.k.a. Robert Jordan

a.k.a. The Dragon

His wife Harriet has all of his notes on paper or tape. She has edited his novels since the beginning and no one knows his world better than she. She will complete his masterpiece. All the more heartbreaking will be the scene where Rand must die upon the slopes of Mount Doom knowing that it is Harriet who must pen this tragic ending. She will have to say goodbye twice.

Edited by Jason Wilkins