I'm Not A Woman I'm A Pincushion

Put herself through or was told by others who had?

She put herself through it because, while in the depression that can follow birth, she bought into the idiocy that she was somehow "less of a mother" because she was unable to produce milk, and it really tore her up.

Fortunately, we were able to get past such notions, though I came awful close to gunning down some La Leche people.

She put herself through it because, while in the depression that can follow birth, she bought into the idiocy that she was somehow "less of a mother" because she was unable to produce milk, and it really tore her up.

Fortunately, we were able to get past such notions, though I came awful close to gunning down some La Leche people.

Yeah the la leche league upped the age of breastfeeing to 7 I believe. It does sting when people say that you don't

"earn" your child by natural birth and breastfeeding. I couldn't breastfeed my first because we both got an infection and almost died and yet I was still lectured for not breastfeeding her so I can definitely sympathize with your wife.

Yeah the la leche league upped the age of breastfeeing to 7 I believe. It does sting when people say that you don't

"earn" your child by natural birth and breastfeeding. I couldn't breastfeed my first because we both got an infection and almost died and yet I was still lectured for not breastfeeding her so I can definitely sympathize with your wife.

Yeah, and postpartum depression doesn't help.

The point is, having a baby is about having a baby; if you and the baby are healthy, no one has any place to criticize how you did it.

Yeah, and postpartum depression doesn't help.

The point is, having a baby is about having a baby; if you and the baby are healthy, no one has any place to criticize how you did it.

I've had PPD with all of my children. It's not their place but they still do...I just wrote what I wrote to vent....Im not usually the type to shout on the roof tops or pretend that I am a rock..if it hurts it hurts...

The strong part I could see Chico but you are a man.....no offense but, you really wouldn't understand.

Which word do you think I did not understand? :lol:

How does one's gender affect one's ability to understand? :polling: (this can go several interesting directions)

Why would I take offense? :coffee:

Are you, Fred, a female? :bouncy:

Which word do you think I did not understand? :lol:

How does one's gender affect one's ability to understand? :polling: (this can go several interesting directions)

Why would I take offense? :coffee:

Are you, Fred, a female? :bouncy:

Not the words but the feelings along with it.

To understand the pain of being pregnant

I wrote no offense to try and be polite..wasn't trying to attack and was making sure that was clear

Yes I am but my boobs don't wiggle and jiggle with delight like that...sorry... :P

I agree totally with Samuron's replies. The tough part I think is getting away from that group-think energy - not letting it sway your decisions. It often means becoming an outcast in your town, church, clique, etc. but I still see it as being worth it. It's your body, your child and your life - do what you have to do to preserve them all, and just ignore the ones carrying those tacky banners all around...

I agree totally with Samuron's replies. The tough part I think is getting away from that group-think energy - not letting it sway your decisions. It often means becoming an outcast in your town, church, clique, etc. but I still see it as being worth it. It's your body, your child and your life - do what you have to do to preserve them all, and just ignore the ones carrying those tacky banners all around...

Yeah I know what you both are saying.....dang hormones :lol: I'm just havin a rough go at it...but hearing what you all have said has really helped me to calm down so I thank you both.....

An interesting quote from a person named Reverend Fred. :lol:

I was given the nickname fred by a friend because Im a very forgetable person and no one could remember my name unless I said so and so's wife or so and so's sister...so a woman with a man's name might help and they thought Rev. Fred sounded cute.

~ Fred? Hon? Don't let anyone harm you or hurt you in any way... You are creating a life!

I'll tell ya what it's like giving vaginal birth, it's like crapping a small car. Ta-Da!!!

It's not any more miraculously special than having your abdomen sliced open. The baby is there! :yahoo:

You have created within yourself a miracle & that's all that is True. That is the Truth.

Stay strong & know you are a wonderful woman!

Just lie back. Relax.

Here the first breaths of life.

No screaming. No pain.

Tropical Paradise or personal Hell.

Drug her up so her cries will be muffled.

Let's watch her dying with delight.

Ruined dreams fading with every tear.

Let's crush her soul for the sake of convenience......

Don't worry if you miss out on the fun...

there will always be another day to make her suffer.

after the sorrow comes the joy but it will be more sorrow for her in the end to watch them fly away...

Thank you ....without you....she would be.........Happy.

watch her dying with delight? crush her soul for convenience? another day to make her suffer? i'm sorry, I think that is a very unhealthy way to "feel" about pregnancy, raising of children, or life.

don't get me wrong, i hope all is well and i realize your words may have only been a momentary PPD or some such. but such a horrible description of what should be a good thing, or for what should be a medical necessity to prevent the death of a mother in child birth, is really sad and, as i said, unhealthy.

as it turns you, you are corrent. i do not understand.

best of intentions... good luck, fred.

:inno:

• Administrator
Just lie back. Relax.

Here the first breaths of life.

No screaming. No pain.

Tropical Paradise or personal Hell.

Drug her up so her cries will be muffled.

Let's watch her dying with delight.

Ruined dreams fading with every tear.

Let's crush her soul for the sake of convenience......

Don't worry if you miss out on the fun...

there will always be another day to make her suffer.

after the sorrow comes the joy but it will be more sorrow for her in the end to watch them fly away...

Thank you ....without you....she would be.........Happy.

Should the second line read: "Hear the first breaths of life." or is it correct?