The Truth Within Donuts

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is it somehow negative that I don't like donuts? :cool:

Depends on the donut, I would think...

A lot of people in these parts go ga-ga for Krispy Kremes. Personally, I think they're too much of a good thing. Overpowering.

Dunkin Donuts is alright, I suppose. Forget most pre-packaged brands - a donut isn't a donut unless it's fresh.

I prefer fresh croissants, which my maid then proceeds to slather with fresh-churned butter. :lick:

Depends on the donut, I would think...

A lot of people in these parts go ga-ga for Krispy Kremes. Personally, I think they're too much of a good thing. Overpowering.

Dunkin Donuts is alright, I suppose. Forget most pre-packaged brands - a donut isn't a donut unless it's fresh.

I prefer fresh croissants, which my maid then proceeds to slather with fresh-churned butter. :lick:

your maid?

...your maid?!

...you meant wife...didnt you?

(im kidding, Doris, really...)

I always thought the ultimate purpose of a conventional donut was to illustrate the circularity of the universe, coupled of course with the Zen-like emptiness at the center. The glaze offers us a look at the illusory coatings of happiness that we attempt to slather onto our lives while the creme-filled-center varieties endeavor to fill that central void with saccharine substitutes, all the while avoiding the TRUE nature of the universe.

A choice...a choice...old-school donut or cutting-edge cruller? Upon entering the humble yet provocative pastry emporium, our heads reel with the smells and sights offered up. Only through self-discipline and knowledge of one's Path can one ever hope to steer a steady course through the wasteland that is Donut.

In the end? Enlightenment. The final burst of gooey filling, achieved only long after the outer substance of the donut has been conquered, mirrors the sudden elevation of consciousness that comes only after prolonged and often-painful self-denial and introspection.

...or maybe not. ;)

~ So, what's the consensus?

<pssst! Phil... You've frosting or something on your chin!>

Buttermilk? Cake? Stuffed? Big hole, little hole? Glazed? Topped with candy?

Of course fresh & hot's preferred...

They're all fried anyway & not good for ya y'know! :unsure: