~ Whooo-who!

Qryos

• Administrator

WHICH old one?

David Tennant is the tenth Doctor.

And yes, my Tivo is set to record any time it sees anything with "Doctor Who" in the title. it's the only season pass I have set up.

I personally loved Christopher Eccleston as the Doctor, and was very sad to see him go.

~ Well, which old Doctor? The original, from the early 60's was a really old white-haired guy.

Then the bushy-haired dude with the long scarf & pocket full of sugar babies {I take it you speak of him Pegassus?}

Then there was the blond with the cricket suit & celery stalk in his lapel,

then the little Welsh one with the lisp...

Then the U.S. didn't get any for a verrry long time...

& so far we've gone through 2, the one with big ears & now the one with big eyes.

I'm really sorry I can't remember any names!

Y'know, I understand in England Doctor Who is a children's show. Like Sesame Street in the U.S.

{& they wonder why 'punk' developed there? It was a plot by the Daleks!}

... I just love the show, always have. Reminds me of my better dreams, I think.

~ Well, which old Doctor? The original, from the early 60's was a really old white-haired guy.

Then the bushy-haired dude with the long scarf & pocket full of sugar babies {I take it you speak of him Pegassus?}

Then there was the blond with the cricket suit & celery stalk in his lapel,

then the little Welsh one with the lisp...

Then the U.S. didn't get any for a verrry long time...

& so far we've gone through 2, the one with big ears & now the one with big eyes.

I'm really sorry I can't remember any names!

Y'know, I understand in England Doctor Who is a children's show. Like Sesame Street in the U.S.

{& they wonder why 'punk' developed there? It was a plot by the Daleks!}

... I just love the show, always have. Reminds me of my better dreams, I think.

Must be the one with big ears, I don't really remember any of the others. Just got introduced to the show a few years ago.

~ Ohhh... It's Well, it's an either ya love it or ya don't.

On SciFi Fridays. Try it.

I know bel, the new Doctor Who we get is pretty good tho! Fits well with the 'ancient' stuff :dirol:

& Thank you Murph :wub: ... Another traveller, huh?

{My sister gave me a large coffee mug printed 'University of Gallifrey'.

She doesn't like Doctor Who, but she showed her love there, huh?}

~ It's a BBC show, most of them never made it to the U.S.

{& the U.S. tends to ignore stuff 'foreign' doncha know ;) }

It's fun. The Doctor is a Time Lord, from the planet Gallifrey. He travels in a machine called the Tardis,

which travels in space & time & is currently disguised as an english police callbox. {It's larger on the inside than the outside.} He picks up humans to travel with him as companions, cause he gets lonely & they're entertaining.

In the 60's he had more than one at a time, but the later ones it's usually a young female. {They squeak! :lol: }

He periodically dies & regenerates in a new body, which is how they can keep making the shows...

There are recurring villians, the Daleks {robotically encased angry little loveless beasties}

& the Cybermen {emotionally destroyed brains encased in robots}

There was his nemesis, The Master, who was an egomaniacal renegade Time Lord intent on supremacy over the Universe, haven't seen him in a while... But the actor was the part, & he did last 3 decades!

... Yes, there is a theme...

Free will & fighting against mindless rules & ruthless minds... y'know, freedom stuff.

& it's fun. Try it.