• Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About Tonya

Helpful Information

  • Gender

Tonya's Achievements

Registered User

Registered User (1/17)

  1. Ya I thought the same thing. I looked before hand and had called our county clerk and they told me they didn't know the answer (actually didn't know what I was talking about) just told me that I had to return the license in 15 days...and I had tried to look on web sites so I thought I was ok. The couple came to me a week in advance so I didn't have alot of time to prepare....Hoping for everyone sake all is well. I would feel so horrible if things went wrong. Thanks for all your advice guys.
  2. I have been ordained since 2007....I preformed my first wedding tonight. I never gave it much thought that I might have to be registered in my own county/state. I have been trying to find answers online and I guess Im just not quite understanding what this is saying...can any of you help. I live in Iowa. From what this says I am understanding I don't need to register with state that my ULC is good enough?? Iowa 595.10 Who may solemnize. Marriages may be solemnized by: 1. A judge of the supreme court, court of appeals, or district court, including a district associate judge, associate juvenile judge, or a judicial magistrate, and including a senior judge as defined in section 602.9202, subsection 1. 2. A person ordained or designated as a leader of the person's religious faith. Thank you, Tonya Oldfather