Purpose Of Existence

Zequatanil

I have read a channeling today--that was rather enlightening to me. I am sure may think channeling is a farce, or some may think there maybe something to it, however that is not the point of my question.

It is actually --not a religious one, though it maybe--but it can is rather more of a philosophical one...

Yes--I know the universe is unfolding as it should--a rather a flowery, corny hippy term, but in reality there is much truth to it --neither philosophy, science nor religion really has the answer--as to date none of us has caught our God/Gods/ or whomever in the act

1. Why are we actually here and what is it exactly apart from the biochemical and other components that we are?

2. What is the point and purpose of existence? --this is for all believers, and non believers inclusive?

3. If we presume --as some, that there is no afterlife, then why are we (most) clinging to life? If we go with that theory is it not easier and better to end it sooner or later?

4. Why have children--simply to perpetuate the cycle of suffering??--if we presume that is no God, no spirituality, no faith as Hyper surmises--which maybe correct, non of us can prove the `pro or contra` for it is simply personal experience of experiencing the divine.

5. Why are we killing each other, the planet and all of creation deliberately?

Thee are a few points to consider here--but really one; EXISTENCE.

Well--that`s is folks--maybe I shall learn something from you wise people--and this is truly not a sarcastic remark!! I do believe we all have much to contribute to some sense of understanding of spirit.Many here have it as it is an individual thing--but one may get that `ah-ah` moment when perhaps hearing an other view.

blessings and peace,

S

1. Why are we actually here and what is it exactly apart from the biochemical and other components that we are?

Why does there have to be a why? I don't except that there's anything to us apart from the biochemical.

2. What is the point and purpose of existence? --this is for all believers, and non believers inclusive?

Why must there be a point and purpose?

3. If we presume --as some, that there is no afterlife, then why are we (most) clinging to life? If we go with that theory is it not easier and better to end it sooner or later?

This question strikes me as ridiculous. This is the only life that I know I have - of course I'm going to cling to it - when it's over, then that's IT! If I believed that my life was going to go on forever, then I wouldn'i mind ending it in the least.

4. Why have children--simply to perpetuate the cycle of suffering??--if we presume that is no God, no spirituality, no faith as Hyper surmises--which maybe correct, non of us can prove the `pro or contra` for it is simply personal experience of experiencing the divine.

I don't have any children. I never desired any. I can't speak for anyone else. But, I will say that life is much, much more than a cycle of suffering.

I don't understand the rest of your question.

I have not killed anyone, I'm not killing the planet, and I'm unsure that the word 'creation' fits.

I put below in bold what I personally think about it:

There is no intelligent design, some structures self replicate and mutate including human DNA. Life is nothing more than a virus. But most people cannot handle the truth, so they make up grand purposes.

There is no a priory point. But most people cannot handle the truth, so they make up all kind of purposes.

Really that is what you think? You would end your life if you realized that there is nothing after death? I think people a hard time accepting the truth that life includes death at the end. And what happens when people cannot handle the truth? Right, they make up things!

Why not? I say live life to the fullest and if that includes having children go for it!

I think the origins are both biological and societal. It is basically how we are made by natural selection.

You want the truth? The question is can you handle it? If you can't then by all means make up some more angels, nymphs, Gods, son's of God, heavens and hells.

I have read a channeling today--that was rather enlightening to me. I am sure may think channeling is a farce, or some may think there maybe something to it, however that is not the point of my question.

It is actually --not a religious one, though it maybe--but it can is rather more of a philosophical one...

Yes--I know the universe is unfolding as it should--a rather a flowery, corny hippy term, but in reality there is much truth to it --neither philosophy, science nor religion really has the answer--as to date none of us has caught our God/Gods/ or whomever in the act

1. Why are we actually here and what is it exactly apart from the biochemical and other components that we are? Why is anything? Perhaps we are just our biochemical and other components.

2. What is the point and purpose of existence? --this is for all believers, and non believers inclusive? What is the purpose of the cats and rats and elephants? The humpy back camels and the long necked geese?

3. If we presume --as some, that there is no afterlife, then why are we (most) clinging to life? If we go with that theory is it not easier and better to end it sooner or later? What mammal does not cling to life? It is a survival instinct.

4. Why have children--simply to perpetuate the cycle of suffering??--if we presume that is no God, no spirituality, no faith as Hyper surmises--which maybe correct, non of us can prove the `pro or contra` for it is simply personal experience of experiencing the divine. We procreate because we are hard wired by our dna to pass that dna along to the next generation. Procreation is often a more compelling drive than that of hunger.

5. Why are we killing each other, the planet and all of creation deliberately? Humans are a territorial animal and quite greedy as well.

Thee are a few points to consider here--but really one; EXISTENCE. Asked and answered.

Well--that`s is folks--maybe I shall learn something from you wise people--and this is truly not a sarcastic remark!! I do believe we all have much to contribute to some sense of understanding of spirit.Many here have it as it is an individual thing--but one may get that `ah-ah` moment when perhaps hearing an other view.

blessings and peace,

S

Our world and everything on it (the entire universe, as well) was created. Whatever created it, I consider to be God, the creator. I believe that creative force, which I choose to call God, dwells within all of us and all things created by that force, energy, or as I call it, God. What the motive are/were, is a mystery to me. I am content to accept things as they are without adding a lot of superstition and mumbo jumbo. God's creation takes place at the quantum level and is amplified into the macro world around us. Quantum law, as I believe it, exists to serve us. All we need do is ask.

We are spiritual beings existing in temporary carnal bodies. Our purpose is to accept or reject Christ.

2. What is the point and purpose of existence?

Free choice , we either choose to love our heavenly Father or we live for the world.

People cling to what they have for as long as they can. Some people do end it early, having no purpose in life often leads to depression.

4. Why have children--simply to perpetuate the cycle of suffering?

We were created with a natural inclination to reproduce, its to perpetuate Gods plan, which is to test every soul.

Its the struggle between good and evil, evil pollutes and is destructive, but its a temporary condition that will end..........soon I hope.

Didn't Dan52 announced his departure a few days ago?

I did announce a couple month break, but reconsidered.

I chose to become a less frequent, but friendlier poster.

Meaning, I'll post my views, but will try harder to phrase

things without making people angry... If and when possible?

I personally don't care if others get angry about what I believe,

but don't like making them upset about what they believe. I think

there's a polite way to disagree without being offensive.

Judging from reactions to your post, both of us could

probably be a little less direct and a little more considerate. :)

The 7th deadliest sin (pride) makes people defensive

about their beliefs, so its prudent to walk on eggshells when

commenting on topics that others might hold close to

their hearts. So instead of leaving, I'm giving myself a slight

attitude adjustment in an effort to be more of a communicator

and less of a disturbance. So far, so good.

Edited by Dan52

Didn't Dan52 announced his departure a few days ago?

Perhaps Dan--as I have transformed to someone else--we go though many transformations, transmutations, metamorphoses -like a caterpillar to a butterfly. I changed my forum name, my avatar, my outlook, all of which is far more positive--for some weird reason Nestingwave`s post seems to haunt me--the first one :derisive: . I would love to say much more to you Hyper --I already have, tried, but you may interpret it the wrong way--so I shall zip it up!

Though I am by no means a `lightworker`--truth or fiction I am still inspired by the story of `Etu and Amor` and more so the word it embodies. I think this is the story that Nestingwave made me `re-member` which for a while I have forgotten--I hope some of you will listen to the audio.

http://lightworker.c...cles/espavo.php

Espavo,

S

Edited by Tündér

I would love to say much more to you Hyper --I already have, tried, but you may interpret it the wrong way--so I shall zip it up!

You may say whatever you like Tündér, I am not one of those people who call 'insult' and 'shame' every 3 minutes of the day, I do not live in eggshell land.

I rather have a conversation with someone who speaks his or her mind than with never farting 'nicety nicey' people who give an appearance of being a demi-saint and for whom everything is wonderful and blissful.

:coffee:first, then try to make sense of it all!! In reverse order.... :crazyeyes: ...hoo-eee! :derisive:

Tunder (Thor?) - A couple of questions regarding your initial post above.

This channeling you read? Did you mean "read it" as in a book or on Internet or a reading/channeling you did personally?

The runic type alphabet used in your signature, ancient Magyar (Hungarian), correct? Some of my research books are packed away in storage and since I can't find my one on ancient writing in my office library, I assume it's packed away. ( :coffee: #2!)

1. Why are we actually here and what is it exactly apart from the biochemical and other components that we are? An extension of the Creative force. To Experience in the physical realm what is not possible in a purely Spiritual (ethereal) sense.

2. What is the point and purpose of existence? --this is for all believers, and non believers inclusive? Personally, I see this as pretty much the same question as #1 with the addition of "Continuance"...to continue the species, propagate.

3. If we presume --as some, that there is no (an) afterlife, then why are we (most) clinging to life? If we go with that theory is it not easier and better to end it sooner or later? I am going to presume you meant "that there is an afterlife", as said above the posit doesn't track in my mind anyway the way it was put here...just a typo?..I believe it is a test of Will. Those who have completely lost hope may choose to "end it" regardless of their belief in an Afterlife or not due to circumstances few of us could truly understand. We must also contend with what we have been taught regarding the sanctity of Life, but even those with a firm faith and earnest beliefs have been tested in this scenario.

If "Creator" is truly all encompassing Love, as some assume, there would be no judgment regarding suicide, but it may have great influence on our choices for the next round of physical existence. Thus, many of us do not believe in tempting fate in this realm or the next.

4. Why have children--simply to perpetuate the cycle of suffering??--if we presume that is no God, no spirituality, no faith as Hyper surmises--which maybe correct, non of us can prove the `pro or contra` for it is simply personal experience of experiencing the divine. This is where I believe one the great lessons by the Christ (and other prophets) comes into play..."Do not be of this world"....the physical realm...our biological urges will supersede our ethereal or Spiritual needs nearly every time. I think this relates to question #2 as propagation is "continuance" of the species....and only a very few of the human species have been able to avoid the process by choice, no matter how well intentioned against the prospect there are more "oops" than planned births I'm sure. ;)

5. Why are we killing each other, the planet and all of creation deliberately? We're Hu-man and have not Awakened unto our higher purpose/Self ....yet or again, depending on which theory one follows.

Blessings of Peace,

You may say whatever you like Tündér, I am not one of those people who call 'insult' and 'shame' every 3 minutes of the day, I do not live in eggshell land.

I rather have a conversation with someone who speaks his or her mind than with never farting 'nicety nicey' people who give an appearance of being a demi-saint and for whom everything is wonderful and blissful.

True, you are right!!--but to a certain point--but have you considered that sometimes one can express their views in a more tame fashion. This has nothing to do with being right or wrong, for I don`t think that the purpose here is to convert anyone to their way of thinking, but just listening and saying one`s piece in peace. I doubt if we were even remotely close to being demi-saints we would not be around here any more then--I mean in this life.So, I am presuming--as a quote from Illusions--By Richard Bach.

`Here is a test to find whether your mission on earth is finished; If you are alive it isn`t`.

Thus we all are, thus it isn`t finished..

Life sucks big time more so than not--so not much only a moment here or there may at times be wonderful and blissful. It would be wrong to walk on eggshells, but have you considered ostrich egg shells :derisive:

Really--on the more serious side , meaningful conversations , debates have numerous sides--but we do not need swords and daggers to demonstrate our points, so I hope. --all those philosophers ddidn`t, thou one did drink hemlock :console(1):

`Your only obligation in any lifetime is to be true to yourself, being true to anyone else is not only impossible , but the mark of a fake messiah(this figuratively speaking).

peace,

S

:coffee:first, then try to make sense of it all!! In reverse order.... :crazyeyes: ...hoo-eee! :derisive:

Tunder (Thor?) - A couple of questions regarding your initial post above.

This channeling you read? Did you mean "read it" as in a book or on Internet or a reading/channeling you did personally?

The runic type alphabet used in your signature, ancient Magyar (Hungarian), correct? Some of my research books are packed away in storage and since I can't find my one on ancient writing in my office library, I assume it's packed away. ( :coffee: #2!)

Blessings of Peace,

They are absolutely correct correct !!

--as you know all you need is go from left to right--I get post a few more--I was good with it as a child--in school , I am very rusty and have to check each one. Go to ` magyar rovas iras` and go to images--you will find them there. You don`t have to speak Magyar--though it is only for Magyar language--there is even a site. Thus--what I wrote, like my name--and my signature you can check --but start with . On my home page ther is my name Zsuzsanna in runic script--also correct! There is a site that will convert anything into Magyar runes--if you want--I will send it. The problem is it will work for names as for all else will need to be in Magyar!

Istenünk= space.pngk.pngn.pngu.pngn.pnge.pngt.pngs.pngi.png from left to right! and so forth. I can`t post more--won`t allow it.

starting with and going to the left, if there is an other line then you go from right to left and so on--alternating as you read it. Also there has to be a dot betweeh each word, which I didn`t do.

This is Alan= n.pnga.pngl.pnga.png....you can write anything you want and will come out in Magyar runes.

http://kaszazsolt.hu/magyar.php#runa

PS--jobbrol balra means from left to right.

Balrol jobra means from right to left, this you need if they are long sentences or paragraphs--as then you have to reveres each line as you read it.----all you need is write in what you want and out it comes! Though some letters it will not understand--but try simple things and check it if it is right--Hungarian alphabet has more double letters and other stuff.!

You may send even English messages--Cimzet means --to whom....felado means who sens it ie your email...kuldes means send! You can work out the alphabet yourself.--some letters you can`t use as they don`t exist in English. It is fun though.

http://www.rovas.hu/

This too may interest you

http://users.cwnet.c...lenia/myths.htm

The channeling has nothing to do with anything--it just reminded me of things. Yes--I do channel, but I presume it is my `higher self`--or who knows. Not many know, for I don want to be known by my patients a `an idiot`.

But I did very much agree and like your explanation of `existence`!

Blessings and espavo,

S

I have to post it in two sections--it won`t allow it all!...and can`t do it even this wayeither.

--and my signature has nothing to do with Tuder nor Thor at all!!

Tündér is ` a fairy` from Magyar mythology and stories--some say Kelta(Celtic or Scythian or in recent research mesopotamian/actually Sumerian goddess of heaven, and sea , that is what my father calls me...LOL--but I will not get into this fire as I have had with H. You can look into the origin of the language of the Magyars if you wish---it is the biggest thing at all universities in Hungary and amongst all Magyar archaeologist and other such ancient explorers of the Magyars and the language.WE have nothing to do with the Finn-Ugor connection we know almost 99.99999% now. --there are called Sumerologists --at all universities trying to find the answers, and hav so much recently.

blessings,

S

rovas_abc_ma.gif

PS-- I don`t dare edit--FORDIT means TRANSLATE!---

http://kaszazsolt.hu/magyar.php#runa

peace and blessings,

S

Edited by Tündér

~ Why we are here is the BIG question, huh? Is it simply to biologically continue the existence of our life-form?

Don't know. But I do feel that the act of questioning & questing for an answer... May be important.

~ To exist. Wasn't our choice as far as we know, could be some nefarious plot... Don't know. Better than not I guess ;)

~ Don't. It all plops soon enough.

~ Suffering. Yes, many places & many many people are suffering. Babies get made anyway...

It's the continuatin of Life-thing that has crafted this planet into such a richly Alive place. { Nag at the termites! They are seriously busy!!! }

~ Well, don't know about me being part of the "we" part of that... But yes, generally humans are destructive & creative on a wobbly scale ...

{ Scales shift as ya know. Not always horrid, not always great. Have no idea what the scales are at now, sorry. :dntknw: }

~ So glad you're still here Dan! :friends: We don't agree on beliefs, but you're a patient teacher & I appreciate that! :)

Edited by Qryos

This kinda fits here, for to me it is philosophy and purpose for my existence. At my convocation, eons ago--I recited this poem to my fellow graduates--It has been a meaningful compendium of advice, thus now I share it with you.

Though I wasn`t as good as Hopper, but close :derisive: --joke!--and I do love poetry.

blessings, peace and never lose your head!--even IF.....

S

Thee are a few points to consider here--but really one; EXISTENCE.

blessings and peace,

S

Purpose of existence? To exist. It is life's prime directive.

A better question would be why so many humans act in a manner completely antithetical to this prime directive.

Purpose of existence? To exist. It is life's prime directive.

A better question would be why so many humans act in a manner completely antithetical to this prime directive.

Because we have free will--and a very highly untamed ego which disconnects us from --well for me it is called God--for others maybe called reason--to you, well you only know.

blessings,

Suzanne

Because we have free will--.....

How do you know that?

I think it is logical to assume that we do not have free will, I think we only imagine that our actions are completely independent of the laws of nature. Granted our brains are incredibly complex but I think they still operate under the laws of physics.

Edited by Hyper Real

~ Hyper Real, how do the laws of physics deny free will? I'm sorry, I don't understand. Could you please explain?

& NO one operating simply by the laws of nature would run into a dangerous situation to save a stranger.

Or travel to a foreign country to offer aid.

... The 'Laws of Nature' insist on preserving one's self & one's own before anything { well yeah, after food water & shelter }.

Don't they?

If I'm incorrect, please explain...

I would appreciate very much understanding better. Thank You! :)

~ Hyper Real, how do the laws of physics deny free will? I'm sorry, I don't understand. Could you please explain?

That is simple, think of the consequences if we would have free will: how could there be laws of physics if we could simply ignore them?

The actions of a human are simply the result of incredibly complex computations in his brain, but all these computations simply follow the laws of physics. A single cell does not have free will, and neither does a fertilized egg cell, nor an embryo or an adult human.

Edited by Hyper Real

• Amulet locked this topic