Best Wedding Officiant Scripts

diuspater

Hi everyone,

Let me beg your pardon if this is a duplicate; and if this is the case, would you please kindly point me to the right thread?

I am about to officiate my first non-religious wedding ceremony in three weeks. Of course this is a pretty exciting and, at the same time, stressful: I have not come up with any ideas about the script I'm gonna go by.

My question is, what is your script that you go use for officiating weddings? Would you be willing to share your best and/or show me anywhere that I can find some good leads on time management, acceptable length and stuff to talk about?

Thank you very much!

hey there - like you, my first (and only) non religious wedding was initially a challenge. I can locate the original and share it with you if you'd like. we are a pack of quaker, roman catholic, christian, muslim, jews :) my daughter and her husband are agnostic at the very least but did want to acknowledge and respect all.

the blessings came from everywhere but the ceremony was beautiful and cohesive. I'll dig around for it today or at least bring back the structure of the ceremony from memory

a lot is going to depend on what the couple wants.the last non religious one i did was for my niece.i can send it to you,but i would first be sure of what the couple wants

the above sounds redundent,but very importent.by non religious,the couple can mean"nod to god",or no mention of a deity period.

• Amulet locked this topic