Youch

Pater Familias

• Master Debater
  • 11,207 posts
  • Ordination Date:01/01/2004

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:03 PM

It really is great being me.

Sorry.... :rofl:

I hope you all feel equally good about yourself......

#2 Dorian Gray

Dorian Gray

Benigno Numine

• Moderators
  • 29,680 posts
  • Ordination Date:03/26/2002

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:22 PM

I love being you too. You have a great credit score... j/k

#3 Brother Kaman

Brother Kaman

Wizard

• Members
  • 1,485 posts
  • Ordination Date:03/09/2011

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:29 AM

It really is great being me.

Sorry.... :rofl:

I hope you all feel equally good about yourself......

Well, I certainly feel better being me than being you, that is for sure. Mostly I don't have anything to compare to since I have never been anyone else.

#4 Atwater Vitki

Atwater Vitki

Choose one

• Moderators
  • 3,962 posts
  • Ordination Date:05/27/2007

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:59 AM

"If I was the person that others' wanted me to be....I wouldn't be who I AM!!" - me

I am also thrilled you are happy to be "Happy", Happy!

In the meantime, until I've been recycled and come back around as someone else, it's good to be me, too.

Blessings of Happiness!

#5 Youch

Youch

Pater Familias

• Master Debater
  • 11,207 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:57 PM

I love being you too. You have a great credit score... j/k

Well, I certainly feel better being me than being you, that is for sure. Mostly I don't have anything to compare to since I have never been anyone else.

"If I was the person that others' wanted me to be....I wouldn't be who I AM!!" - me

I am also thrilled you are happy to be "Happy", Happy!

In the meantime, until I've been recycled and come back around as someone else, it's good to be me, too.

Blessings of Happiness!

You know, this forum has deep archives with various conversations about peace and love and tolerance and harmony and the like......and in the end I think it all boils down to a bumper sticker I recently saw that read: It starts with me. And I think for all those things to come to fruition, in our own lives, it starts with feeling good about who we are, accepting ourselves, and then projecting that to others. Also in the archives of this forum are countless conversations about how ugly and mean and DARK we are....and from that mindset there is little upside, in my opinion. I have not always loved being me, but the older I get the more I do, and I do my best to share that vibe (not with words, of course) to those around me. On a forum I am forced to spell it out, so I did..... but in real life, passing on happiness and acceptance with attitude and a smile, opens many doors!

:Peace: and :wub:,
:mike:

#6 Atwater Vitki

Atwater Vitki

Choose one

• Moderators
  • 3,962 posts
  • Ordination Date:05/27/2007

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:22 PM

You know, this forum has deep archives with various conversations about peace and love and tolerance and harmony and the like......and in the end I think it all boils down to a bumper sticker I recently saw that read: It starts with me. And I think for all those things to come to fruition, in our own lives, it starts with feeling good about who we are, accepting ourselves, and then projecting that to others. Also in the archives of this forum are countless conversations about how ugly and mean and DARK we are....and from that mindset there is little upside, in my opinion. I have not always loved being me, but the older I get the more I do, and I do my best to share that vibe (not with words, of course) to those around me. On a forum I am forced to spell it out, so I did..... but in real life, passing on happiness and acceptance with attitude and a smile, opens many doors!

:Peace: and :wub:,
:mike:

Mike,

I really appreciate what you responded here. It's not only a great little tidbit of life's knowledge, but a astute observation about where this forum has been and can go in the future. It's also a thing that gets our mental synapses firing.

I was just going to PM ya but then thought better as perhaps between what you said and the following, it may just help someone else.

As of late, my kids have been having quite a rough go and it has caused me to get a bit down on myself for not having always been 'on top of things' like maybe I should have been for them. But, at 27 and 32, it's also long past time they handle their own issues. It doesn't stop the feelings of self loathing that flood the brain from time to time thinking I "could have", "should have" or "might have" done one thing or another differently. Had I done so, perhaps they wouldn't be in this current situation they are, or maybe they might have figured it out sooner...or...or...or..or.

You are so correct, regardless of all the sh/c/would's...it can start with me NOW in making a difference. And since the Great Now is all we have, isn't that enough? Isn't the fact that I can be here, now, to help, advise, discuss...whatever they need sufficient? I've sent them links to several archived topics here for some guidance and my own 2¢ on other things...as there is indeed a huge library of excellent posts here that are covering things they currently face....I even saw a couple from that great philosopher "Hooka"....whomever that fellow may be!! :llol:

Blessings of Peace,
Al

#7 Jonathan H. B. Lobl

Jonathan H. B. Lobl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2,885 posts
  • Ordination Date:08/28/1978

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:00 PM

Who then?

:hideingbhindcurtian:

#8 Qryos

Qryos

~ The Dancing Muse ~

• Moderators
  • 11,192 posts
  • Ordination Date:12/26/2001

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:40 AM

Been dealing with some crud { & after all this time ya all know how well I deal with such :cray: ;) }

Well, yep, I had to remind myself that in any situation ya just have to be the best person you can be :)
Sometimes it's not always what others need or want, but if YOU are the best YOU you can be, tough **! That's what there is.
I can't be anyone else than who I am. I've tried to, didn't work.
SOOO... Now I { well, try } not to allow those niggling thoughts to torment me. I yam who I yam, vegetative & rootbound as that may be! :tease:

{ I know the regret shtuff real well too Vitki! Never stops burning does it? Got our own brimstone :( }

Edited by Qryos, 02 May 2012 - 12:41 AM.

#9 Youch

Youch

Pater Familias

• Master Debater
  • 11,207 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:04 PM

Been dealing with some crud { & after all this time ya all know how well I deal with such :cray: ;) }

Well, yep, I had to remind myself that in any situation ya just have to be the best person you can be :)
Sometimes it's not always what others need or want, but if YOU are the best YOU you can be, tough **! That's what there is.
I can't be anyone else than who I am. I've tried to, didn't work.
SOOO... Now I { well, try } not to allow those niggling thoughts to torment me. I yam who I yam, vegetative & rootbound as that may be! :tease:

{ I know the regret shtuff real well too Vitki! Never stops burning does it? Got our own brimstone :( }

You are part of the reason I posted this topic. I can relate. Love is important, and must come from within. Find it. Cultivate better habits.....

#10 Kimmy

Kimmy

This is not the Pickle Conspiracy you are looking for.

• Moderators
  • 6,313 posts
  • Ordination Date:01/07/2003

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:33 PM

I love this thread.

#11 Rev. Octopus

Rev. Octopus

Doctor of Divinity

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • Ordination Date:11/08/2008

Posted 05 May 2012 - 12:08 PM

I'm pretty much stuck with being me, so I might as well make the best of it.

I am not as tall, or as fit as I would like to be. I am not as good at public speaking as I wish I were. I don't read as fast as I wish I could.

However... I am still alive. I am not in great pain. I am capable of walking, talking, typing, reading, hearing, and seeing. And did I say, I'm alive? I'm frickin' fortunate, because I won the great lottery of life. Against all odds, my sperm won the race to fertilize the egg... MY egg! The fact that I'm alive and fully functional as a human being is a reason to rejoice, to jump for joy (but not too high, weak knees and all)! I've got a great wife and kids, and surrounded by a lot of really great friends.

I'm happy to be alive. I'm happy to be me, even with all my flaws.

- Rev. Octopus

Edited by Rev. Octopus, 05 May 2012 - 12:09 PM.

#12 Asdasiae

Asdasiae

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • Ordination Date:09/18/2010

Posted 16 June 2012 - 08:14 AM

Personally, I love being me. I love me, and I think I'll leave it at that so I won't risk sounding posh. Flaws are awesome things to have in one self, because here is where the greatest lessons of ourselves can be learned.

#13 Zequatanil

Zequatanil

Zequatanil

• Master Debater
  • 972 posts
  • Ordination Date:00/00/0000

Posted 16 June 2012 - 08:27 AM

That is great--I feel the same way about myself. We are all perfect--we all have special gifts--too numerous to mention, there is no other like you or I.

I have always been like this--no--it is not being posh--it is being grateful, thankful and happy and at peace with all .So may people are creating unhappiness by wanting to be different, and simply wanting, wanting, wanting the material--I never did. Not that I am that great--well ok being perfect is hard :derisive: Just kidding.But I do think from the little I know you that you are an Indigo.
BTW read or rather listen to Desiderata--it may inspire you--bring you` into spirit-`-well you already are, what am I saying. :cloud9:

blessings, :cupidarrow:
S

#14 Youch

Youch

Pater Familias

• Master Debater
  • 11,207 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:11 PM

I'm pretty much stuck with being me, so I might as well make the best of it.

I am not as tall, or as fit as I would like to be. I am not as good at public speaking as I wish I were. I don't read as fast as I wish I could.

However... I am still alive. I am not in great pain. I am capable of walking, talking, typing, reading, hearing, and seeing. And did I say, I'm alive? I'm frickin' fortunate, because I won the great lottery of life. Against all odds, my sperm won the race to fertilize the egg... MY egg! The fact that I'm alive and fully functional as a human being is a reason to rejoice, to jump for joy (but not too high, weak knees and all)! I've got a great wife and kids, and surrounded by a lot of really great friends.

I'm happy to be alive. I'm happy to be me, even with all my flaws.

- Rev. Octopus

Personally, I love being me. I love me, and I think I'll leave it at that so I won't risk sounding posh. Flaws are awesome things to have in one self, because here is where the greatest lessons of ourselves can be learned.

That is great--I feel the same way about myself. We are all perfect--we all have special gifts--too numerous to mention, there is no other like you or I.

I have always been like this--no--it is not being posh--it is being grateful, thankful and happy and at peace with all .So may people are creating unhappiness by wanting to be different, and simply wanting, wanting, wanting the material--I never did. Not that I am that great--well ok being perfect is hard :derisive: Just kidding.But I do think from the little I know you that you are an Indigo.
BTW read or rather listen to Desiderata--it may inspire you--bring you` into spirit-`-well you already are, what am I saying. :cloud9:

blessings, :cupidarrow:
S

Yep, you folks get it!!! :hi:

Acceptance, perception, decernment, self-awareness, compassion and the cultivation of good habits are the cornerstone of feeling good about ones self.

#15 grateful

grateful

recently pickled

• Master Debater
  • 2,070 posts
  • Ordination Date:05/27/2008

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:55 PM

happy might be an indigo ..

and I am happy that he is, er, happy to be happy .. and I think I get exactly what he is saying .. "it starts with me" I probably have a few years on many here but with age does indeed come wisdom and care and discernment (good for us)

#16 Stormbringer

Stormbringer

Commander of the Pickle Conspiracy

• Moderators
  • 6,495 posts
  • Ordination Date:07/16/2002

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:00 PM

Only your own mind knows what is dearest

to your heart. Each counsels himself.

There is no worse illness for a sage

than losing love for himself

~Sayings of the High one

#17 Youch

Youch

Pater Familias

• Master Debater
  • 11,207 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:52 PM

happy might be an indigo ..

and I am happy that he is, er, happy to be happy .. and I think I get exactly what he is saying .. "it starts with me" I probably have a few years on many here but with age does indeed come wisdom and care and discernment (good for us)

Exactamundo!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users